pwgsx

Garage door remote with new cams

I had 2 cams on each side of my garage for over 3 years now with no issues. Wires ran straight back and to the other side of the house. This past weekend I decided to add more cams so installed a cam at the peak above my driveway and a few others in the back. I had trouble closing my garage door and had to be almost next to the door for it to open. I thought my battery was bad until my wife came home and said her opener was giving her trouble. I popped in a new battery and walked to the center of the driveway and nothing After thinking about it for a few minutes I unplugged all power that ran to the new camera at the peak of my house. Sure enough the openers work just fine! What could be causing this interference? Is it the actual camera or the power running to the camera?

Wow, I hate when things like this happen.

Are the cameras wireless or wired?

One way to tell if it's the signal or the power would be to disconnect the signal line from each camera and keep the power on. If the interferance stops, the signal itself is the issue and maybe shielding the wire better will help.

Unfortunately, if it's still causing the problem, then it could be the power supplies. You could try replacing those too as most are cheap junk that are barely fcc class b.