Sign in to follow this  
njc282

DVR Recommendation for Multi-Channel Audio Setup

Hi,

I'm looking for a DVR that can handle distributing 4 audio channels to multiple cameras. We have certain areas that have 6 cameras in a room and only need 1 microphone to cover the space. It would need the capability to take this 1 audio channel and distribute it to the 6 video channels. We keep running into DVRs that can only handle 4 total audio channels for channels 1-4, or 1-4 on RCA and 5-16 on a DB26 connector.

I have a DVR that can handle this type of audio setup - BOSCH 600 Series, but Bosch is discontinuing the 600 series lineup of DVR units.

So my question: Does anybody know of a DVR that can assign a single audio channel to multiple video channels? Price doesn't matter, we're just trying to track down a manufacturer that provides this.

Thanks for any/all help on this topic.

Maybe multichannel playback will solve it for you? Like, you have camera 1-4, but only channel 1 has the audio recorded. When you do playback, if you want to playback channel 4, you pñlayback at the same time channel 1 with the audio.

I know it is not the best solution, but...

What you are asking for really does make sense. The audio stream is lightweight, so it would not be a biog problem to record it several times with different video feeds.