RMA

Wireless equipment

Hello, I currently have a request from an administrator at a gated community which needs 2 cameras at the gate. One for a face shot, the second for license plate. The best way to hook up for current system is wireless transmission. The distance is less than 500ft. Need help in finding the right solution. I'll gladly follow your help.

1st question is, do you have a clean line of site from the camera to the receiver? i just designed a wireless system for a scrap yard and am going with a solution from Microtek - ML581000E (good reviews on here and a 30day no questions asked return policy if the system doesnt work)

http://www.microtekelectronics.com/

once i get the system in ill report on the image quality and any install or distortion issues

(probably a dumb thing to mention but...) make sure the line of sight between the wireless transmitter and receiver doesnt get blocked by the incoming/outgoing cars/trucks or youll lose signal.

i just finished the scrapyard install on saturday - gotta luv working outside on a 20ft lift for 3 days in 20degree weather (of course im sick now)

anyway we installed 6 wireless transmitters from microtek and i was nervous about what kind of picture they would deliver but i was very impressed.. great resolution.. we had clean lines of sight for all 6 but one of the cameras was mounted inside a steel structure that had a roof and 3 sides but that camera came out great too.. i cant say enough about this product i will always use them for wireless and will stop preaching that wireless is crap and it doesnt work

very easy to install and not a lot of repositioning, etc

they were also very helpful on the phone when we had questions..

There's no point in doing it unless it's done right. After all, it's only money. You have to spend money to make money.

Did I use enough catch phrases?

Yeah Joe but from what I understand they also have much more of a "you bought it you own it policy - not conducive to wireless in my opinion" and they happily sell outside of distribution. Anyone know different please advise - - until then I'd never recommend it.

That sucks for distributors, but its a great product for dealers and end users, they do provide a warranty.