Sign in to follow this  
aplp

Multiple TouchTrackers on Intellex/ Sensormatic System???

I work in loss prevention and recently got hired by a new company. My old employer used an IP based system and my new company, including new stores is 100% analog Sensormatic, except for some IP test stores. The store I am trying to work on has several PTZs running to a Jbox in the office. In the office I have one TouchTacker connected to the EIM by RS485. The EIM then has a RS232 cable connected to the main Intellex unit and the two sensornet wires are connected to the Jbox.

My question is, can I connect a second TouchTracker to the system by making a Y shaped RS485 cable with 3 end, connecting one end to each TouchTracker and one end to the EIM? I know how to make two TouchTrackers work separately as a primary and secondary with two EIMs, but I don't have another EIM and I don't necessarily need the TouchTrackers to work at the same time. There are two offices in this store and the second office is empty and only has an observation tower. I am trying to get a TouchTracker set-up in the other office, then I will use an existing coax line to duplicate the call monitor to the other office. The only immediate problem I see is can the power supply power both TouchTrackers? Will I have communication issues to the cameras even though they will never be used at the same time?

I attached a crappy diagram of my plan. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sensormatic1.thumb.jpg.9d4d8dd5f26ebf7503f9c2443a328f90.jpg