ejaab

Installing IP cameras inside elevators

Have a request to install IP cameras inside 4 elevators (have never done it before)

The building has 10 floors with existing IP cameras already installed, there is a provision of network cabinet on each floor housing the other cameras.

Please advise on how to go about it.

I liked the one post I read where they used a wireless pt-pt connection via mounting a radio at the top of the shaft and one on the top of the elevator. Seemed to be a good approach that saved $$$ on labor and special wiring. Since it is only a ip camera I'd go with Ubiquiti radio's. ie: NSM5's

you firstly need a special cat5 cable - it needs to be able to support its own weight since the cable is pinned to the lift shaft wall at approx. 1/2 way and then the other half is free hanging to travel freely up and down as the elevator moves from top to bottom.

The cable also needs to be pretty flexible- 100's of flexings per day.

There are cables out there for this- I think boston cables may do one possibly.

This cable would be fitted by the lift engineers.

The POE switch would be fitted at top or bottom of lift and then linked onto the network to carry the signal to the viewing solution.

Connect cable directly into the camera housing -direct will mean you don't need lift engineers to access connections on top of lift car for faults or maintenance.

I found that the cable gauge was bigger than the standard cat5 and needed 24gauge-(i think) cable which is a step up from the standard cat5 gauge- so the proper size connectors were required.

That's my tuppence worth. maybe others can advise more specific.

10 floors are not very high for 24*075+CAT5e flat cables.

I have installed a 6*075+3xCAT5e cable with steel support cores at a 40 floor building.

Please note that you have to fix the steel cores at the end of the first 60 meter to the wall.

Elevator CCTV installation complicated task for physical wiring laying due to movement of LIFt. using Wireless device elevator CCTV installation easy and long-lasting as well as maintenance free for a long time. so you can use a wireless bridge to connect CCTV camera inside elevator and monitor it from a different location where NVR installed using the network. However i have find a simple understanding elveator CCTV installation manual in this website you can read it to understand the way to <a href="https://techtrickszone.com/2019/09/07/how-to-install-cctv-camera-in-lift-using-wireless-device/">installation of CCTV in elevator </a>.