Sign in to follow this  
ps0303

New Qsee and can't login into via web

Just installed a new qsee QC408 and I can login locally with admin and the new account I setup under the admin group but when I connect to the system via my PC and the ipaddress:85 for HTTP, when I type in the username and password, it tells me invalid password. Anyone know what's going on? I get the Qsee web service page but it won't take my username and password.

Just installed a new qsee QC408 and I can login locally with admin and the new account I setup under the admin group but when I connect to the system via my PC and the ipaddress:85 for HTTP, when I type in the username and password, it tells me invalid password. Anyone know what's going on? I get the Qsee web service page but it won't take my username and password.

So you cannot log in remotely? What ports did you forward? are you using the correct external ip address?

I'm on my "local" network, inside my house. I haven't done anything other than setup an admin account. Bad assumption was that if I can get to the log in page, I should be able to log in. Also bad assumption, if I get an invalid password reply back it would seem that it's trying to log me in.

I looked at my router, port forwarding, it shows that there is already a forward for the qsee IP and port 85.

192.168.1.10:85 HTTP TCP Any -> 85 All Broadband Devices Active

I am still unclear...are you having this issue while you are on the same network as the dvr? or from an external network?

First you say you are your local network then you start talking about port forwarding so which one is it?

I'm on the local network same network as the DVR. But you asked about port forwarding so I gave you the info. Here is a pic of what's happening on my PC using Firefox 33.0.2.

q-see.thumb.jpg.1909e405420fc143125d45b829840440.jpg

Have you tried via IE...

are you sure you are using the proper credentials? user name may be case sensitive make sure you didnt add any spaces..

I can use the username and password to log into the Q-see system itself directly so the credentials must be right. I've tried IE and Chrome. Both have the same issue. I guess I'll call Q-see support tomorrow.