v1de0man

intellex unit number 2

Old windows xp intellex version 2.2.7

The hard drive in it died, ( yes again ) in the backup unit, if you followed my other unit.

I managed to clone the os part of the partition but the cam footage is dead.

I replace the os/prog image onto another, partitioning it off and it starts up fine but alas it doesn't record.

On the newer unit when I added a drive I told it and it set it up as a data drive. This one didn't give me any choice. When I looked back into it the 2nd partition was still blank. So I created a ImageDB folder and the relevant sub folder Dir0000 even copied a few of the old avi files into the relevant folders, but it still isn't recording.

On a side note, assume there is a utility or program that actually sets all this up, I cannot access the os as I do not have the code. Is this code sat in the unit I can access via 3rd party apps? Is there a default code I can try? BTW I tried 1234 as per manual

Any help in getting this recording again would be appreciated.

I found this in the forum

Lou19 wrote:

I got it,

Intellex configuration and hit restore defaults - default password reset to 1234.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way, my unit is a 2.2.17 version - oldie for sure.

Thanks, Lou

Good job Lou... Intellex configuration on desktop helps tremendously, doesn't it...

Just in case and if you want, you can increase its internal storage up to 320GB by using three 120GB PATA drives... Just make sure that you change the power supply to higher rated and also change/add more system fans (you should be able to add at least 2 more plus power supply 120mm fan). Change all the PATA cables as well... Once done, just configure your new hard drives and double click on "drive config" located on the desktop... and this way you can utilize its maximum capacity.

If this system is Deluxe model, you could (if you already do not have it) add CD burner...

Good luck.. if you have question on any Intellex matter, let me know... We have a full facility that repairs, maintains and upgrades (dependent on Intellex version and packaging - desktop vs. rack mountable, you can have up to 4.0TB (4000GB) internal storage) of Intellex systems.. and if you need more info, let me know.

but how do I get to desktop without the code? other than hacking into the registry startup programs

ok got to desktop and sorted database but the cfg file says its corrupt, is that downloadable somewhere to get the code back?

I do have a newer 2004 version, but pretty sure that won't help me. this intellexcfg.exe is dated 2001