mike747

Stream goes missing sometimes

I have a IC Realtime Breeze HD 4 channel NVR with two I.P cameras connected, one is 1.3mp and the other is 2mp camera both powered by POE from the breeze NVR and both made by Qvis which i know is compatable with the breeze nvr.

The NVR is connected directly to my router with a cat5e cable.

Everything works fine direct on the NVR connected to monitor via Hdmi, I can view both camera's anytime live and playback Recordings all ok.

Problem is when accessing remotely on my laptop on the network or away from home on the iphone or ipad app, I'm not able to view one of the camera's live in realtime (mainly the 2mp camera) it just shows a black screen, but does have the camera display name, (like its there and connected) The other camera shows up ok most of the time, but sometimes I can't get either camera's. I've tried changing various settings in the encode menu with no luck.

But I can playback recordings from both cameras perfectly away from home with the apps.

Strange thing is, if I power down and restart the NVR it all seems to work perfectly again in all functions, but this only lasts for about 3 days. Then I get the black screen sometimes on the realtime streams again.

Any advice much appreciated. i've run out of ideas and am not that technical.

I spoke to IC Realtime and they just said that i should of used their cameras for perfect compatability,

but it's just weird that it all works fine after a reboot for days, sometimes weeks!

I've seen apps be the cause of issues like this when they're in need of an update, but I've never seen cases where resetting the NVR fixed it for any length of time.

The only other thing I can come up with is faulty firmware. A firmware update might be worth the time if there is one.

What bitrate are you running the extra stream at, and what is your upload speed?

Hi all,

still got pretty much the same problem with this breeze nvr from IC Realtime.

When using the app on my iphone or ipad, it all connects ok, but when i select

either camera i just get a black screen, it feels like the stream is there but just blacked

out. It's ok for a short time after i kill the power to the NVR and reset.

Playback on the app's is always fine with no problems from either camera.

It's just realtime viewing that i have a problem with.

Any new ideas anyone?