Sign in to follow this  
Monding

Bandwidth/Network Slowdown

I just bought this IP system

http://www.q-see.com/eight-channel-1080p-nvr-with-six-1080p-cameras-and-2tb-hdd-qc858-6p4-2/

My concern is will this slow down my network internet speeds? I currently have a DVR system that doesn't require a router connection to view and record locally. Will this system have the same capability? I'm thinking no, given that the home ISP router is going to assign addresses to each individual camera, and manage them.

So, with my limited knowledge of routers and switches, should I buy another router to manage this on an "offline" network? With the ability to connect to the internet when I'm not home to remote view? I don't need remote view when I'm home, and would just need the NVR to record. Even when not remote viewing, will this still depress bandwidth on my network?

Thanks all.

I just bought this IP system

http://www.q-see.com/eight-channel-1080p-nvr-with-six-1080p-cameras-and-2tb-hdd-qc858-6p4-2/

My concern is will this slow down my network internet speeds? I currently have a DVR system that doesn't require a router connection to view and record locally. Will this system have the same capability? I'm thinking no, given that the home ISP router is going to assign addresses to each individual camera, and manage them.

So, with my limited knowledge of routers and switches, should I buy another router to manage this on an "offline" network? With the ability to connect to the internet when I'm not home to remote view? I don't need remote view when I'm home, and would just need the NVR to record. Even when not remote viewing, will this still depress bandwidth on my network?

Thanks all.

if you homerun to the NVR or a switch attached to the nvr, i dont think that the data passes through the router unless viewing on another network device or remotely.....regardless even if it did you would not even come close to saturating a 10/100 network....not to mention a gigabit connection...you are fine...

Any internal to internal network connections are not routed out to the internet, your router will know its internal traffic and keep it as such.

You will still have the ability to record and view on your internal network.