Redsand187

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I and DS-7608NI-SE/8P not working

So I bought 3(2CD2132) cameras and the NVR. I get everything hooked up. The cameras are displaying on the screen through the NVR. However, it just says they are connected. Going the through the menus I get prompts telling me to add an IP camera. So I searched through the instructions, followed the steps... and they don't work.

Apparently, I am supposed to be able to click an add button, only that is not even showing up. When I search for IP cameras, it says none are online... but they are freaking displaying on the screen.

I was trying to get the system up and functioning before tearing this place apart and installing everything permanently. What I am missing?

Also, is there a way to flip the video? Currently, I have a camera that is displaying upside-down. I'd like to have the NVR flip it, so it is viewed properly. But I can't find a setting to allow me to do that, however, I'm not able to access all of the settings, because it keeps telling me to add an IP camera.

You may be over complicating things.

I think you only need to "Add" cameras if they are connected to the NVR LAN port via an external switch.

Are your cameras listed if you look at Configurtaion, Camera Management?

As for flipping the picture, you need to change the Image Settings in the camera directly (although I haven't done it in a 2132).

How you access the camera directly may depend on what firmware version you have in the NVR, but can be done by fing the IP addresses of the cameras from the Camera Management page or with the SADP utility and connecting a computer to one of the camera ports on the NVR.

You may be over complicating things.

I think you only need to "Add" cameras if they are connected to the NVR LAN port via an external switch.

Are your cameras listed if you look at Configurtaion, Camera Management?

As for flipping the picture, you need to change the Image Settings in the camera directly (although I haven't done it in a 2132).

How you access the camera directly may depend on what firmware version you have in the NVR, but can be done by fing the IP addresses of the cameras from the Camera Management page or with the SADP utility and connecting a computer to one of the camera ports on the NVR.

That's what I'm wondering, it seems to be working, although I keep getting this error telling me there isn't any cameras.

The cameras shows up and the data is there like it knows what is hooked up to it, but then if I go into the PTZ tab for example (hoping to find a way to flip the image) it gives me the error that I need to connect an IP camera. So then I go to add a camera per the instructions, and it says it can't find any, when obviously there are working cameras connected to it.

What is the firmware on the cameras and the NVR? Hikvision still ships NVR's that have a firmware version that does not support the latest camera firmware.

You do not need to "add" any cameras, since you already have them added (they show automatically when using the POE ports). It can not find any camera, that is correct, since all the cameras you have are already added (it can not find any more cameras on the network).

If you go to the PTZ tab, you might get a message saying that, since you do not have any PTZ cameras. You will not flip the image on the PTZ tab...