rodeman

Q-see NVR question

I've looked all over the internet for help to this but can't find it anywhere. I have two issues with Q-See NVR units.

First unit QC 8016NVR (16 channel) was working fine then all of a sudden started emitting a loud tone. It has been doing it every couple of hours and there is nothing in the logs showing any issue and so I replaced the hard drive and it still continues to emit the tone. All 8 cameras are Power Over Ethernet and were showing on the NVR and looking to work correctly.

So I pulled out our old QC808NVR (8 channel recorder) and plugged everything into it. It has not beeped, thank goodness, but one camera, in slot 8, won't come back online. It says invalid password. But I've never set any camera passwords and I have no idea why it's saying that or how to fix it. I literally unplugged one NVR, connected the ethernet cable and power to the old one and plugged it in and then it says invalid password.

I've restarted the network and the camera is being seen as it's pulling an IP address. I just don't know how to solve the invalid password issue as I've never had to set a password before.

I find nothing online regarding Q-see systems. There's virtually no support info out there, the company offers email support and that's it. I'm pretty frustrated with their equipment and can't find a way to solve the issue. It's been working great for 2 years and then all of a sudden this problem.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We use this in our home and need to get it back up and running again. Plus if you have any suggestions on a better NVR system, let me know. Once this old NVR fails, I'm probably moving on to a different brand, hopefully a better brand.