Sign in to follow this  
Mweston

Hikvision Pinhole camera at an angle

I'm looking to install some pinhole cameras (Hikvision) through sheetrock/stucco but I'm worried that they will be too "straight" of a view when I need something more on an angle.

This is the camera: http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=9620

For example I want to mount one next to a door but still see if someone is standing next to the door. Could I insert it in the wall at a very slight angle instead of straight out? I need to stay with a pinhole for HOA reasons

Here's a diagram of the area:

http://cl.ly/image/0r2A2V0S2b1S

Are there any discrete mounts that let you mount at angle? I was thinking of making some kind of JBox Cover with a pinhole in it at angle but it seems that any type of angle will require it not to be flush and pretty obvious. Or maybe the Hikvision pinhole will be a wide enough of an angle to mount flush and still see the wall next to it?

Is this camera going to be watching outside by the front door and towards the outside gate or is it going to be inside. Also are you wanting to catch the gate and the people approaching the door? Please give a little detailed explanation of what you are trying to see in all the image. The way that i am interpreting it, i would recommend you mounting it onto of the door so if someone walks up you will be able to catch peoples face when they walk up. Also please give the measurements that you are trying to see and i have the same camera here at my office for testing purposes and i will try to create the same atmosphere that you are trying to get and send you a snap shot of. You can email me direct if you would like for quicker response at abdelm@unitycore.us

and if you can actually take a picture of the area you are wanting the camera to see and the camera location where you would lie it to be mounted and attach it