Sign in to follow this  
saasfaan

Suggestions: New Setup for A Gas station

Hello

I needed help on installing a new CCTV setup at my gas station in India.

I have 2 options i.e Hikvision and CP plus.

My requirement is I needed 15 metre range bullets near the petrol machines for vehicles number plate visiblity and few 30 metre range which can cover long distances entrance/exit of the premises.

1)Which would be the best suitable for me?

2)What HEIGHTS should the camera should be fixed at

3)Wanted to know difference between DIS and Sony ccd cameras according to my requirement which would be the best. Heard DIS doesnt give good pictures after a couple of months.

4)Main requirement is number plate visibilty of vehicle in day light and night with less light and also should be able to view faces of people( customers and staff) visiting the gas station.

ANd yeah wanted to know how much TVL cameras etc would be the best. In India there are more number of bikes also, so their number plates are v small in size. Please suggest according to it.

Needed help ASAP as my gas station is opening shortly

Thanks In advance

For the amount of detail that you're needing, I don't know that I'd recommend anything other than IP cameras. Hikvision would be a good choice, or anything Dahua from CP Plus.

You're probably going to have a hard time positioning the cameras properly in order to capture the plates.

Personally, I've had better luck in the areas of image quality and longevity with Sony as opposed to DIS.

I think you might be better off having actual license plate cameras facing the entrances to get the plates as they're coming in. That would probably alleviate some stress of having to think about how to get them when they're scattered all over the lot.

For the amount of detail that you're needing, I don't know that I'd recommend anything other than IP cameras. Hikvision would be a good choice, or anything Dahua from CP Plus.

You're probably going to have a hard time positioning the cameras properly in order to capture the plates.

Personally, I've had better luck in the areas of image quality and longevity with Sony as opposed to DIS.

I think you might be better off having actual license plate cameras facing the entrances to get the plates as they're coming in. That would probably alleviate some stress of having to think about how to get them when they're scattered all over the lot.

Thanks Mate, Other than all this

any sugggestions what would be the best models in Hikvision with 700tvl or whatever is the best with both near and far visibilities.

And yeah any particular models in 16 slot Hikvision DVR or any Hikvision DVR would work with good cameras for good quality.

Help from others also are welcome. Thanks

You are going to have much more flexibility with an IP System as you can chose high resolution cameras, as opposed to your Analog 700TVL cameras.

Unless you have your analog cameras zoomed right up to the general location of where cars park next to the pump you will not capture much detail and plate identification will be harder, the second issue is facial recognition will not be great as this is one of your requirements.

Hikvision is a good brand, consider Bosch too if available. Go for high end Box cameras with at least 2 Megapixels. Unless we know exactly what site we are dealing with and possible mounting locations and pump locations, we cant tell you exactly what height they need to be at - but the angle of the camera in relation to the angle of the car must not be too aggressive, otherwise plate recognition can be difficult in cases - view some sample videos of IP cameras in gas stations and you will get the idea.