Sign in to follow this  
darkmage1991

IP cam color issues

i got a ip cam that is making weird color spots, i contacted support about the problem they said that the color spots are caused by lack of bandwidth? seems weird as it just started doing that about a week ago. i just want to know what you guys think. is this a hardware issue and i should get a warranty replacement or is it trully caused by lack of bandwidth?

now if it is bandwidth what can i do to improve this? i have it wired up using cat5e going into my router (Netgear Nighthawk r7000) its the same way with 2 other cams that seems to operate just fine. there all wired with 75ft Ethernet.

this first picture is a capture of it when the bottom right was turning green on the car.

260307_1.png

this second picture is where its turning red. though this one is much more obvious.

red_zps10c04904.png

thanks for any help.

When trouble shooting its important to know the exact model..some cameras are known for specific issues...

Regardless, its not a bandwidth issue, looks like something is wrong with the sensor, that is a cheap dahua knockoff...return it and buy a real dahua for less on aliexpress....

How long do the colors stay like that.

aliexpress is 30-45days shipping so thats not an option. ill let warranty replace it then thats what i needed to know if it was hardware or not. and it does it for 10min or up to an hour, then it may be fine for awhile.

now support said it was due to bandwidth constraints when the bitrate was going up, now i know they may be wrong, thanks for the input

ali express is about two weeks...if you order a few cams they will agree to ship dhl (which is about 1 week) you can also find local us resellers of dahua or hikvision...

here you go...Amazon Dahua 1.3mp

260330_1.jpg

two day shipping if you have prime.

They are full of crap...ask them how it can be a bandwidth issue if its happening on a modern local network...to test it, lower the bandwidth settings on the camera and see if it helps..

i lowered the fps to 5fps i figured that would/should lower the bandwidth to a very low and acceptable number yet it still seems to have the same affect. i also thought the person on support didnt know what they were talking about just seemed like a weird thing to happen from lack of bandwidth specially with only a 1.3mp on cat5. i will call them this time and have a replacement sent out. though im gonna make sure they send the replacement out first as i need some type of security out front.

and i have ordered from aliexpress though it was for fishing supplies, it was well over the estimated delivery time into the 30+days. and i am not loaded with money so i cant purchase a large amount to get that faster shipping. ill just try getting this one replaced and go from there.

Sometimes saving money becomes expensive (we have all leaned this the hard way, particularly in the ipcamera field).... you cannot compare fishing supplies to the camera sellers..there are a few good ones who ship quickly....

thanks for all the help. i just got back from family thanksgiving dinner and reviewed the footage the cam recorded while i was away and it did it again in the same fassion starting around noon and the red didn't go away from the middle until around 3 and even then it was still a faint pink hue to the area. i tried calling and says there clossed for the holidays and will reopen on monday so looks like i have to deal with this until then.

ok sorry to bring up this post but i have an updated question.

i contacted them and they will do the exchange even will send out the replacement first as i requested. but said i had to call on wed and give my card number for a security hold(i kinda expected this) so all seems good. but...

i was messing with electrical near the camera and i guess i moved the camera making it point down farther than it was and now the spots are all gone. no color issues as all. so... makes me wonder can direct sunlight hitting the lens cause what i was seeing? or is this still a hardware thing that just so happen to go away right now and i should still have it replaced?