Sign in to follow this  
darkknight

Hikvision ds-2cd2032; help me with purchase and firmware

I have done extensive research reading about cameras, and I have decided I want to get a Hikvision ds-2cd2032.

However, actually getting ahold of one in the USA seems to be needlessly complicated? I want the real Hikvision, not a Swann or other branded camera.

1. Why doesn't Hikvision provide the legitimate English version to Amazon and other common retailers for DIY work? Why are people having to buy from China or US based sellers that are on Hikvision USA's unauthorized "dirty list?"

2. Please give me links to the best places to buy (including China).

3. I have experience using tftp to flash internet routers. Where do I download the correct English language images for the camera? How do I know they are the correct image for the camera I receive?

I just don't understand why this had been made needlessly complicated? Why can't I just buy the camera direct from Amazon and upgrade it using images published on Hikvision USA's website, with full warranty and support etc. It feels like they don't want our money.

Anyway, please tell this Hikvision noob everything I need to know to have an awesome, fully functional, English language ds-2cd2032.

I have done extensive research reading about cameras, and I have decided I want to get a Hikvision ds-2cd2032.

However, actually getting ahold of one in the USA seems to be needlessly complicated? I want the real Hikvision, not a Swann or other branded camera.

1. Why doesn't Hikvision provide the legitimate English version to Amazon and other common retailers for DIY work? Why are people having to buy from China or US based sellers that are on Hikvision USA's unauthorized "dirty list?"

2. Please give me links to the best places to buy (including China).

3. I have experience using tftp to flash internet routers. Where do I download the correct English language images for the camera? How do I know they are the correct image for the camera I receive?

I just don't understand why this had been made needlessly complicated? Why can't I just buy the camera direct from Amazon and upgrade it using images published on Hikvision USA's website, with full warranty and support etc. It feels like they don't want our money.

Anyway, please tell this Hikvision noob everything I need to know to have an awesome, fully functional, English language ds-2cd2032.

You have a few options. The cheapest will obviously be AliExpress with Chinese firmware. Your second alternative is the other "unauthorized sellers." You can then go through a company who has access to a legitimate distributor that gets Hikvision. Any original Hikvision equipment will come with a warranty. I always tell my customers that you get what you pay for.

I've also sent you a PM to see if maybe I can help you out.