Sign in to follow this  
cctvtekkie76

PTZ Power issue

Hi Guys, i just Purchased a PTZ camera, with autotracking.. i was testing with my 960H DVR and when i powered directly everything was fine.. however, as soon as i powered it via a pre made Siamese cable.. the PTZ leds would show but the camera wouldnt initilaise..

Any idea on what i might be doing wrong and how it can be rectified? (i assuem its due to a drop in Voltage.. ) can i use a 24v PSU , instaed of a 12V one?

Thanks in advance

The pre-made siamese is probably using extremely low grade wire. I would run an high quality 18/2 wire, and since it is 12 volts DC, I would not recommend going much farther than 50 feet.

Hi Guys, i just Purchased a PTZ camera, with autotracking.. i was testing with my 960H DVR and when i powered directly everything was fine.. however, as soon as i powered it via a pre made Siamese cable.. the PTZ leds would show but the camera wouldnt initilaise..

Any idea on what i might be doing wrong and how it can be rectified? (i assuem its due to a drop in Voltage.. ) can i use a 24v PSU , instaed of a 12V one?

Thanks in advance

How long is the pre-made wire?