Sign in to follow this  
merckx

Identifying cut wire on camera.

Hello

I purchased this Genie VRD63IR camera on Ebay but the seller didn't say that the cable had been cut so there isn't any 'video out'or 'power in' connectors.

Obviously the black & red are for the dc/ac supply and the yellow & ground are video out.

But there's also a 'pink salmon wire' & ' white wire' that are in the main cable together with the ones above, they connect inside the camera to another board on the right.

All the camera's I've seen only have a cable fitted with video out and power in connectors, would you think these 2 wires would also splice into the power in connector?

Thanks

260912_1.jpg

It could be the power for the IR's (total guess)

Is there any indication of a brand name on the inside? You might be able to track down a pinout that way.

Thanks for the reply ssnapier.

On the underside of the board that the wires go to there is writing which I'm struggling to read with a magnifying glass, it's that small.

It's just occured to me what I did last time I couldn't read something on a small switch, I'll take a photo of it and then zoom in to see if I can read it.

I may just email Genie and ask them, I wasn't sure if they would help with a secondhand camera but I may as well try.

Thanks

Hi. They are remote osd wires

Not always used ..... But pink is + for your rs485

Excellent, thanks Tom.

Would the 2 wires in question be connected to their own connector on the cable that exits the camera or can the rs485 signal pass through the video out coaxial and so the 2 wires would be connected this cable?

Obviously I don't need them if they're for remote osd.

Hi. No need to connect the White and pink ...... You can do camera settings via cameras onboard joystick.

Very good, thank you.