Sign in to follow this  
John747

Outdoor ip dome camera for ~$200

I'm looking for an 2 or more megapixel security camera to connect to my Synology SS and later use with blue iris. Can anyone recommend a camera with the following specs...

2 or more megapixel

outdoor with ir

POE

don't really need zoom but would like pan and tilt. (Not sure this is an option in the ceiling type dome cameras)

works with Synology SS and Blue iris

~ $200-300

New to this stuff and not finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks

I'm looking for an 2 or more megapixel security camera to connect to my Synology SS and later use with blue iris. Can anyone recommend a camera with the following specs...

2 or more megapixel

outdoor with ir

POE

don't really need zoom but would like pan and tilt. (Not sure this is an option in the ceiling type dome cameras)

works with Synology SS and Blue iris

~ $200-300

New to this stuff and not finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks

No pan tilt, but look at the hikvision 2332 turret (85-95 on aliexpress)...

You will not find a pan tilt outdoor camera from a name brand for 300...They are 600-2000...Most (not all) are large and bulky....

Just to emphasize what Boogieman said, you should look at turrets instead of domes unless you want it less obvious where the cam is pointing. Domes are more prone to IR reflection issues, which can be quite a headache.

You're better off with multiple fixed cams than pan tilt unless you have a big budget.

look at the hikvision 2332 turret

Thanks that looks interesting. I kinda like the doom because it's hard to tell where they are pointed and perhaps better protected. The turret look nice because it seem like it would be easier to quickly reposition the camera which I may want to do temporary. Here's a couple of other I am considering.

http://www.amazon.com/Dahua-IPC-HDBW4300E-Megapixel-Network-Security/dp/B00OHY26YS/ref=sr_1_18?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1418015077&sr=1-18&keywords=Dahua+cameras

http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-Outdoor-Bullet-Security/dp/B00G7GMEOG

http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132-I-Fixed-Focal-Camera/dp/B00EJXK0I6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418081441&sr=8-2&keywords=hikvision+ds-2cd2132-i

The dome is going to be a real pain (with ir reflection and aiming)...its not better protected in any way...also the 2132 dome is only 2 axis so it cannot be wallmounted without a large mount that keeps it horizontal...The 2332 turret has better nightvision because its ir is better as well, and can be mounted on a wall...

The 2332 turret has better nightvision because its ir is better as well, and can be mounted on a wall...

Sounds good. Is the multinational one ok for the states and for firmware updates? Ebay shipped from the states should be faster than Aliexpress but almost $30 more.

The 2332 turret has better nightvision because its ir is better as well, and can be mounted on a wall...

Sounds good. Is the multinational one ok for the states and for firmware updates? Ebay shipped from the states should be faster than Aliexpress but almost $30 more.

Most of the units will be chinese region with hacked us firmware...when you update to new firmware it will revert to chinese...there are fixes for the including a service provided by use CBX...or you can just mod it after each firmware upgrade...in reality you should not really need to upgrade firmware...folks do it all the time and screw up their cameras when there was noting wrong with their firmware to begin with..new is not always better..in fact hikvision removed features from the 5.1.6 firmware when they went to 5.2...

The ebay unit is most likely chinese as well...

Save some money and buy it via aliexpress..buy from a reputable seller and you wont have any issues..

Save some money and buy it via aliexpress..buy from a reputable seller and you wont have any issues..

Never ordered off of Ali, now I remember why... No paypal! Really hate giving out my CC number

Never ordered off of Ali, now I remember why... No paypal! Really hate giving out my CC number

Ali is owned in part by yahoo...the seller never gets the card...