Sign in to follow this  
tomespo

Newbie looking for a NVR 1080P setup for my shop

I have a small business and its time to add a quality 1080p NVR system. (6-8 cameras) The biggest thing to me is obviously quality and a user friendly app. I know nothing about this stuff which is why I joined here. At first I saw LOREX and SWANN. While searching for them I came across security camera warehouse which claims they have a system that is WAY better however I can't find any reviews on their products. Thank you in advance

I have a small business and its time to add a quality 1080p NVR system. (6-8 cameras) The biggest thing to me is obviously quality and a user friendly app. I know nothing about this stuff which is why I joined here. At first I saw LOREX and SWANN. While searching for them I came across security camera warehouse which claims they have a system that is WAY better however I can't find any reviews on their products. Thank you in advance

I'm not trying to hurt any feelings, and it's kind of coincidental, but I've been receiving emails about these guys since the middle of last week. What I'm specifically being sent is articles written by them. They are CRAZY misleading, misinformed, and/or just plain lying about certain things. Feel free to read them for yourself and do your homework but some of the things they claim are absolutely insane and, in some cases, just completely inaccurate (http://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/knowledge-base). More specifically, it's just about anything they have to say about any HD system, whether it's analog or IP.

I can't speak to the quality of the products they have to offer because, honestly, I haven't bothered to scour their site. Also, an enormous portion of their site traffic is being brought in by ads (presumably pay-per-click) which is a huge flag for me (http://www.semrush.com/info/security-camera-warehouse.com?db=us). This almost always coincides with a company practicing "black hat" SEO which is a pretty filthy sales tactic.

I can tell you right now that you're looking for Hikvison (maybe Dahua) products. Swann has some but be careful and have someone familiar with their models make recommendations. Lorex is stepping up their game lately, but as far as I'm concerned, they can still take a long walk over a short cliff.

OP, Don is giving you some good advice...You dont mention a budget?

Costco has some decent ip systems, swann (hikvision) and q-see (dahua) systems at good prices. Make sure its an ip camera system and not sdi or cvi.

tomespo, wherever you decide to buy from, make sure that company gives of a vibe that they are will to provide technical support after the purchase. The big brands like lorex and swann are terrible. You will reach a call center with someone you can barely understand. Let's not forget the long hold times before you actually speak to someone. If you are not a technical person, then smaller online outfits are better. There are plenty of them. If you need recommendations, PM me.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a note, since this post is about our company.

My name is Matthew and I'm one of the founders at Security Camera Warehouse.

First, thanks for checking out our site and talking about it here. If you have any questions or want me to demonstrate anything, you can always shoot me an email - matt@ or give us a call at 866-414-2553. My ext is 102, if you want to talk with me directly. We're a small operation - just over 10 employees, but we are growing about 10x per year, and we are about to (probably in March) expand to 7 days a week technical support. We've been growing mostly because we advertise, yes, like all young companies do, that's the fastest way to grow.

I generally wait until someone brings us up and choose not to engage a ton on this site cause I don't want to be all self-promotional, but if you guys want anything demonstrated or reviewed, please let me know. I do the writing for the site.

Don, if you would like to showcase some of the inaccuracies that you claim that we have stated, we would love to correct them. Maintaining a site of this size can be daunting with constantly changing information. I'm absolutely sure that we have gotten something wrong in the process. If we have stated anything that is inaccurate, please let us know. My contact info is listed above.

P.S. Our reviews are located here: https://www.ekomi-us.com/review-security-camera-warehousecom.html and here: http://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/security-camera-warehouse.com/