Sign in to follow this  
veesmack323

Network Novice Here....Cant figure this out...

Hey guys,

I have installed a Dahua IPC-HFW4300S without DVR (Live View Only), and I am trying to figure out how to view it remotely, from anywhere outside of the Home Network (IDMSS Lite Iphone or outside network). I have a Motorola SBG6580 and have attempted to Port Forward with no luck. I am not very network savvy so I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. On the Internal Side of the Forwarding screen I am using Ports 80, 37777, 37778 and the IP address of my Router (not sure if im supposed to be using the IP address of the camera but that doesnt work either). On the External Side I am leaving the IP blank (all zeros) and have tried leaving the Ports at 0, and matching them to the Internal Side (80, 37777, 37778). None of these have worked. What am I doing wrong here? Also, when I am attempting to access from an outside network via web address, what exactly do I type in the web address? I assume I cant just use the same IP as when I am on the home network because it is a generic IP that cant be recognized outside of the network (sorry if I confuse you guys, just trying to understand how this works). Thanks

Ig your public IP is ststic you would type that into the address field but if it is dynamic like most domestic accounts, it changes and would only work until it changes again. What you need is a DDNS account and hostname. By creating a hostname, your NVR can update the DDNS server when your public IP changes and by entering your hostname in the address bar, it directs all traffic to your network. If your port forwarding is done correctly, the router will forward requests for data to your NVR.

Creating a DYN dns account is simplicity itself and creating a hostname is even simpler.

Once you have a DDNS account, remember its username and password and the hostname you created and enter these into the NVR's DDNS settings then each time your router changes it's public IP address the NVR will update the Dyn server. Depending on your router you may be able to enter the settings into your router also.

Here is the diagram I post every time port forwarding comes up in discussion. I agree with numbnuts though, you should consider getting a Dyn account without question.

246779_1.png

Ok I am still not having any luck with this. Ive read online that the Motorola SBG6580 does not require an External IP so I am leaving that section blank. Ive tried several different ports (80, 37777, 37778) and still no luck. Am I supposed to match the Internal/External Start/End Ports or are they supposed to be different?

This is now where I start saying that a service call is required when I do attempt to assist clients on the phone etc.

Where are you getting those Port Values from?

Is there a RTSP Port value, if so try port forwarding it to the camera's RTSP port and allocate to the camera's LAN IP.

Beyond that, I am mystified why you wouldn't make life easy for yourself and use an NVR or some form of encoder as a front end?