donhay

Viewing IP camera outside of NVR (Hikvision)

Hi All, new to this forum and CCTV, and need a bit of help please.

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2112-I 1.3m dome camera above the front door connected to a DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR.

The camera is running 5.2.0 and the nvr 2.3.7 firmware.

The camera gets it power from the nvr via poe.

I have a z-wave network at home controlled by a VeraLite controller which looks after lighting and heating. I would like to add my camera to my Vera controller but it can't see the camera as its behind the nvr. So I would like to move the camera from behind the nvr and be able to see it on my LAN, but still use the nvr to capture the video etc.

I know that there are numerous posts on this topic but I can't quite work it out.

I bought a DLink poe switch to power the camera independently. I have given the camera a static ip address, 192.xxx.x.71 and the nvr also, 192.xxx.x.70

Connected to the Dlink I have the camera (poe), nvr lan port and router.

The nvr can see the camera but won't connect to it. I can't add it manually as it errors with "can't add more ip cameras", even though nothing is connected to the nvr poe ports.

If I leave out the DLink and connect it all to the nvr I can't change the internal nic to the local subnet. It comes back with an ip conflict error.

If I change the camera settings from plug and play to manual the nvr then sees it connected to D1 port with its static ip, but won't connect to it. (Guess because its not on the nvrs internal network?)

I seem to have got stuck here and would appreciate any help offered.

What firmware do you have on the NVR?

You have 2 options here.

Option 1:

You can leave the camera plugged into the NVR. Update the NVR to the latest firmware if not already on it. Enable Virtual Host in Advanced settings under Network settings. Now the NVR gives each camera its own port to access it. which will start with 192.168.x.x :65001. And all you would have to do is import that camera to whatever software you want to use it with using that port. Theoretically it should work.

Option 2:

Leave camera in the POE Switch. In order to import the camera to the NVR. You would go into Configuration-> Camera Management. Select the first camera and select Modify. Change Adding Method to Manual. Add camera address and it should work as long as the NVR and Camera are on the same IP Scheme and on the same switch. Doing this, you would be taking a reserved spot and making that spot manually so you can add a camera outside the internal switch.

First thing i would do is Update the FW

Here is the Newest firmware for that NVR:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-SE%207600NI-V%28VP%29/V3.0.10%20Build141125/

If you are still having issues, i will be happy to dial in and take a look.

I had this issue when recently setting up my system. Did you change your cameras IP to match the subnet of your computer? The NVR uses 254 as opposed to your PC which is likely 168.

e.g. the cameras need to be 192.168.1.XXX

Thanks for the suggestions.

If I try deleting a camera from the nvr, it gives an error. Something along the lines of "unable to delete ip camera"

Strange thing is, if you pick any port, even ones without cameras you get the same message.

The nvr is running 2.3.7 firmware. I know its old but two reasons not to upgrade.

First, I'm sure I found a post on here that said the latest firmware for my nvr didn't include Enable Virtual Host.

Second, I did try 3.0.10 but it seems to have broken the mac OS X plugin. I could log onto the nvr via Safari but couldn't view live or playback.

I did sort of try method 2.

Camera has a static ip. Change from plug & play to manual. Nvr adds camera ok with correct static ip but wouldn't work.

Seems this nvr is pretty well locked down.

In FW 3.0.10 it is not compatible with mac browsers yet. But it does have Virtual host. i just updated to it. But people have to remember to delete their browsing history after they upgrade a FW because web browsers store offline web pages and data.

Also i went back and looked at the codes for the recent FW and 2.3.10_141128 with work with your Mac Browsers and will still allow you to enable virtual host. I can email you the file since it's not on the portal. Remember after you update you have to exit the tab and delete browsing history if you don't see the virtual host in the Advanced Tab.

Option 2 should work as long as you have all the ports and addresses good. Make sure all Gateways are set.

How is the NVR and cameras setup. Are they all on the same switch?

Can you take SnapShots of all your network settings and camera management's for NVRs and Cameras and post them.

Can i dial in to take a look and fix the issue if you cannot?

In FW 3.0.10 it is not compatible with mac browsers yet. But it does have Virtual host. i just updated to it. But people have to remember to delete their browsing history after they upgrade a FW because web browsers store offline web pages and data.

Also i went back and looked at the codes for the recent FW and 2.3.10_141128 with work with your Mac Browsers and will still allow you to enable virtual host. I can email you the file since it's not on the portal. Remember after you update you have to exit the tab and delete browsing history if you don't see the virtual host in the Advanced Tab.

Option 2 should work as long as you have all the ports and addresses good. Make sure all Gateways are set.

How is the NVR and cameras setup. Are they all on the same switch?

Can you take SnapShots of all your network settings and camera management's for NVRs and Cameras and post them.

Can i dial in to take a look and fix the issue if you cannot?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Manic rush up to Christmas.

Thanks for all the suggestions and the offer of remote help.

Good news is that it's all up and running.

I basically started again with option 2 above. I think I had done it all before and didn't do anything different this time but it all works!!

After setting it all up I tried logging into the camera direct and got something like "network not configured". So I just unplugged it from the switch and plugged it into a different port and it all burst into life.

I'll wait for 3.0.10 to be compatible with Macs before I go down that route again.

Just got to try and get the camera into my z-wave network now!!