smokingjoe

Resolution Question

OK guys I would really like to learn more about resolution. I have watched many tutorials on resolution and understand the comparison between tv lines and HD, interlace and progressive. What I am having trouble with right now is what it takes to get my recording resolution to match the monitor resolution. From what I have read this should be done to get the best results. Using 2MP IP cameras. On the NVR Under ENCODE, -- Resolution, I set a system up to record at 1080P and the options, under Display option on the NVR, I have options like 1920X1080, 1280X 1024, 1280X720, 1024X768. I set this to 1920X1080. Do I also need to change the settings on the actual HD monitor?

Also what I am having trouble with is would I really gain anything if I were using 3MP IP cameras? My highest option is 1920X1080 which equils alittle over 2 million pixels. If the 3MP camera is producing 3 million pixels are the extra 1 million pixels going to show up with a 1920X1080 resolution setting?

These may seem like rooky questions to those that already have a good understanding of how this works but I have been playing around with cctv for a few years and I have always strugled with getting a good understanding of this resolution thing.

Maybe someone knows of a good tutorial that would give me a better understanding of how this all works.

Thanks