Sign in to follow this  
K4KMG

Hookup laptop to HIK 7604 NVR? Possible?

Thought this would be easy. Apparently not.

I need to access the hard drive of the 7604 nvr with my win7 laptop. There is no internet/router involved. Simply want to connect both Ethernet ports, (laptop to nvr), and then access saved nvr recordings from hd in the nvr.

Is this even possible? If so, how do I go about setting it up? (assume very little networking knowledge here)

Using IVMS-4200, I know I can plug usb stick into nvr and dump recordings to the stick, but this is difficult as the nvr is hidden. Easier to just stash a cat 5 cable to plug in the laptop when needed instead of pulling the whole setup out into the open.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Yes you can do that. Just make sure all IPs are on the same scheme. If your NVR is on default 192.0.0.64 then you need to change your IPv4 of you Laptop to 192.0.0.65.

What is the IP address of the NVR?

To Change your Laptop IP:

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Click on Network and Internet

3. Click Network and Sharing Center

4. Click Local Area Connection

5. Click Properties

6. Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4)

7. Select Use the following IP address:

8. Enter IP Address :192.0.0.65 SubNet mask: 255.255.0.0 (assuming your NVR is still in default at 192.0.0.64)

After that go to your web browser and enter the NVR IP Address and you should be in the NVR Web Interface.

Yes you can do that. Just make sure all IPs are on the same scheme. If your NVR is on default 192.0.0.64 then you need to change your IPv4 of you Laptop to 192.0.0.65.

What is the IP address of the NVR?

To Change your Laptop IP:

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Click on Network and Internet

3. Click Network and Sharing Center

4. Click Local Area Connection

5. Click Properties

6. Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4)

7. Select Use the following IP address:

8. Enter IP Address :192.0.0.65 SubNet mask: 255.255.0.0 (assuming your NVR is still in default at 192.0.0.64)

After that go to your web browser and enter the NVR IP Address and you should be in the NVR Web Interface.

Thanks. Did exactly as you stated. Still no access. Yes, nvr is default 192.0.0.64

Got it. Thanks. Not sure how, but it's working.

This still doesn't give me access to the files on the hd. Any ideas on this?

Are you trying to access the Playback Video files on it? If so go to Playback Tab.

Are you trying to access the Playback Video files on it? If so go to Playback Tab.

Thanks, but no. Want to be able to access the nvr hd 'directly' via ethernet port on nvr with laptop. As it stands now, with IVMS4200, the only way to get files off the hd is via the usb port. When your nvr is hidden, it's a pain to remove it from it's hiding place just to stick a thumb drive into the port.

Then you have to remove the stick and plug into a laptop to access the files. PITA when you should just be able to plug laptop to ethernet port of nvr and access the files quickly/easily.

Also, no way to delete files off the hd. So eventually I'll have a 2T hd that's full and new files are overwriting older.

I have found somewhat of a solution by extending a cable from the usb port that is accessible yet still hidden. Still somewhat of a pain though as you still have to then remove stick and transfer to another comp.

You can, and it is quite easy to do so if you have some basic networking knowledge. You just configure the network on your computer to be on the same subnet of the NVR, and you will be able to access the NVR from web browser or iVMS-4200.

Like:

NVR network - IP 192.168.1.200 / mask 255.255.255.0 / gateway 192.168.1.x

Laptop - IP 192.168.1.any / mask 255.255.255.0 / gateway 192.168.1.x

Thanks, but no. Want to be able to access the nvr hd 'directly' via ethernet port on nvr with laptop. As it stands now, with IVMS4200, the only way to get files off the hd is via the usb port. When your nvr is hidden, it's a pain to remove it from it's hiding place just to stick a thumb drive into the port.

Then you have to remove the stick and plug into a laptop to access the files. PITA when you should just be able to plug laptop to ethernet port of nvr and access the files quickly/easily.

I think you might not even know iVMS-4200 is? iVMS-4200 is a program you run on your laptop; it is not the software on your NVR. So it doesn't make sense that you say you are using iVMS-4200, and using the USB port on the NVR. Either that, or you have not even looked how iVMS-4200 works, since of course it does allow you to playback recordings from the NVR, and download recordings on the laptop HD. Without the need to use the USB ports on the NVR.

I think you might not even know iVMS-4200 is? iVMS-4200 is a program you run on your laptop; it is not the software on your NVR. So it doesn't make sense that you say you are using iVMS-4200, and using the USB port on the NVR. Either that, or you have not even looked how iVMS-4200 works, since of course it does allow you to playback recordings from the NVR, and download recordings on the laptop HD. Without the need to use the USB ports on the NVR.

Naw, I got it. I just misspoke. Thanks to abdelm01's post above, i figured out the ethernet connection and logged in via laptop. My nvr is in a remote location so I wont be able to access it until next weekend. I'll check this then:

"and download recordings on the laptop HD"

Naw, I got it. I just misspoke. Thanks to abdelm01's post above, i figured out the ethernet connection and logged in via laptop. My nvr is in a remote location so I wont be able to access it until next weekend. I'll check this then:

"and download recordings on the laptop HD"

If you can connect from iVMS-4200 to the NVR, you can download recordings to the laptop HD. There's no need to put a USB pendrive on the NVR.