vivek.onyx

Help for live view on Hikvision DS-7204 HGHI-SH

Hi guys, i have recently bought Hik 7204 HGHI-SH. i want to configure it with my service provider's wifi enable usb dongle which can connect upto 5 devices simultaneously.

Please tell me which wifi router/repeater will work with my wifi internet dongle and how to configure it.

Thanks in advance.

What? The question is?

Are you trying to use it with some wifi USB dongle? It's not going to work. This is not a computer; it would need drivers to work with some random wifi USB dongle, and it doesn't have them.

Hi guys, i have recently bought Hik 7204 HGHI-SH. i want to configure it with my service provider's wifi enable usb dongle which can connect upto 5 devices simultaneously.

Please tell me which wifi router/repeater will work with my wifi internet dongle and how to configure it.

Thanks in advance.

It is actually depend on which USB dongle you use, if you can provide USB dongle model no. which you are planning to use accordingly modem can be suggested

so you are trying to connect your DVR wirelessly using a dongle? are you going to plug the dongle into the DVR or is the dongle attached to a device and expect the DVR to connect to it?

What you can do is get a router that suppers 3G/4G mobile broadband connectivity and run a Cat5E cable to the DVR. There are many more routers that support that but need to know model info of dongle.

http://www.dlinkmea.com/site/index.php/site/productDetails/530

service provider's wifi enable usb dongle which can connect upto 5 devices simultaneously.

Great! But how exactly can it connect 5 devices? are you sure it is a "Dongle"?

Fastest way to get your answer would be to ask YOUR service provider on how to go about connecting 5 devices to that thing (one of which is your DVR). If you need a router then that isnt really connecting 5 devices is it? That's just ONE. I hate misleading ISP deals.

However if its an independent wireless micro router that simply is powered via USB power then you cant use it at all in your case, only wifi enabled devices would be able to connect to it wirelessly.

Hikvision supports only particular models and only Huawei company. Please call you distributor or Hikvision support for the list.(Prama hikvision India Pvt. Ltd.) They will send you a 3g firmware for you DVR.

I know about the old DVRs but 7204 HGHI-SH is HDTVI so only hikvision support will have the information.

You can try with 3G/4G router with has a USB port for Dongle. It works, i have done many times.