chris63220

How to mount a bullet camera into an outdoor housing

Is there a way I can mount a camera with night vision into these outdoor housings? I'm considering buying them if I can mount my cameras into them. Please let me know .

Thanks so much!

I've attached a picture of the brackets / housings.. The camera I want mounted inside is a Zmodo one.

1675173872_RecentlyUpdated.jpg.1f8e86318d23dfe396fd0c88a12fba14.jpg

Can you? Yes. Should you? Absolutely not. Bad idea.

The IR will reflect on the front glass/plastic, so you will not see anything at night. You could of course remove the glass/plastic on front and move the camera forwards as much as you can, and it might work, if the IR does not hit the housing on the borders. Also, that housing looks like some crappy indoor housing. Why would you want to use it? To protect the camera from vandalism? If that worries you so much, get a camera with a better housing/bracket.

It's not really vandalism I'm worried about. I have a Samsung brick / box camera I might try an put in it.. How can I get it to normal 12v like I would plug a normal camera in? If you get my drift..

If you have a proper body camera, why are you trying to fit an outdoor IR camera

into an outdoor camera housing when it's already got weather protection?

You've already stated it's not because of vandalism, is it purely that you like the look of

an outdoor housing? They are designed to allow you to use a traditional body camera, most

of which won't need IR even in quite dark areas (true day night cameras).

I have seen an IR camera mounted on top of a dead camera housing because the client was

'too mean' to pay to have the dead camera removed,

If you just explain what you want to achieve then maybe someone might offer a solution. good luck with your project.

Yes, I do like the look - The reason I don't use that camera is because I'm not real sure about the power part of it.. It has the two screw terminals on the back where the power goes - I'll upload some pictures tomorrow.