Sign in to follow this  
nameless_1

Account locked 5 failed attempts

Hey people i need some help asap if possible, over 30minutes ago, in fact a few hours ago now i got locked out of the admin account and dont know what i need to do to get back in. Maybe im just trying to log in too soon i dont know?

What i was doing was a quick test on password change, then testing it on the ipad to see if it logged another user out in doing so we got locked out my mistake and i take responsibility for it.

Thing is we need the cameras up and running.

Im taking it the password will be what i changed it too still as thats what im typing but on every attempt "The account has been locked"

Again help and information is appreciated.

Oh i believe its this system (pic below) and i have read many manuals for all systems i think it needs a system reset via the 888888 but im not 100% sure, if so then i shall try that tonight. Im taking it that i need to log in via the security system for that too? Web admin says no account exists.

http://www.energybulbs.co.uk/custom/upload/images/products/resized/600x600/400x400321.jpg

Also for future reference whats the best way to set up a streaming account, at moment just using the admin account for everything.

That is a Dahua unit. It locks an account after 3 failed login attempts in a short period of time, you just need to wait I think 30 minutes.

If the unit is near, just turn it off and on again. The account will be unlocked.

Hi MindTwist,

The user account was locked around 4pm today, its now 8:18pm and the user account is still locked. I have just tried the account for the first time since this post and... "The user account has been locked", i tried turning it on and off for 10 seconds earlier and it did nothing but beep for a bit when it was turned back on im totally lost at what needs to be done.

The unit is used in work place and can not really be messed with till were closed now, a PC is above for the web interface but if i need a direct link the screen is in another room so it can be monitored from there.

Make sure that nothing is attempting to login all the time. Like, do you have PSS, DMSS; or any other software running somewhere?

If you have it set up on a computer on the network, and you changed the password on the DVR, maybe as soon as you turn it on the software tries to connect with the old password, and oooops, user locked again.

Also, you have two admin account by default. 888888/888888 and admin/admin. 888888 only works locally (monitor and mouse connected to the unit), admin can be used over network. If you messed up the "admin" account, you can use the "888888" account to change "admin" account's password.

Thanks for that MindTwist seems you figured out the problem another machine was attempting to logon =)

Any tips on splitting up accounts?

Ie: Admin only used when needed then a second account JUST to stream to computer and tablet? Not had a good look at it all yet but feel it be best not to use the admin account.

Thanks for that MindTwist seems you figured out the problem another machine was attempting to logon =)

Seen it before

And yes, it is better not to use the admin account unless you really have a need to do so.

Thanks for the help MindTwist seems to be all sorted now and i set up a separate user account to stream to devices that require it rather than using the admin account.