philly phil

IR Bullet Camera Image Whitening

What can be causing my newly installed 64 IR LED Sony Bullet camera to whiten out my monitor during darkness?

The screen is so white, I cant hardly make out the image.

I also have 2 other Sony 36 IR LED Bullet cameras in the same general area, and I have no problem with those 2.

Please help!!

[link removed by mod]

Thanks,

Phil

My thought is that you are getting a "reflection " from the IR LED's on the camera lens. Had that same thing happen before. Does the problem only show up at night when the IR's are on?

Yes, only at night when the IR's are ON..

You know, I did have someone else suggest the very same thing to me and to open the front portion of the camera to adjust the lens. Do you think that's an option? I dont really want to screw with the LENs.

Thanks for the quick reply..

Its not the lens that needs adjusting, usually there is a spring loaded seal between the lens & the leds and if this is not a really good fit you will get problems.

try taking the sunshield off, that can cause reflection back onto the lens also. Otherwise there isnt much you can do with those cheap cameras.

Its not the lens that needs adjusting, usually there is a spring loaded seal between the lens & the leds and if this is not a really good fit you will get problems.
Thanks Bay,

Do you think I should just send it back for a new one? or is there a fix I can do?

try taking the sunshield off, that can cause reflection back onto the lens also. Otherwise there isnt much you can do with those cheap cameras.
Thanks Rory,

I'll try removing the sun shield to see what that does.

Thanks all that replied..

Phil