fonix

Embedding analog DVR stream in a webpage?

Howdy all,

Is there a way to stream the analog DVRs cams to a website? embedding the stream within the site? like if a bar wants to show people how crowded they are, can it be done without the client software all over the place?

Also likewise how hard is it with IP based cams? I figure if a bar has 4-8 cams for security and they want only 2 or 3 to be publicly viewed they should stream each cam on a different port? and that stream can be imbedded within the web page? would they be connected to the NVR or would the ones streaming publicly would have a streaming role and the ones to be recorded would be connected to NVR?

Rephrasing the question, in IP based system can we have 2/4 cams streaming publicly and the 4/4 being recorded and accessed by manager via mobile apps??

If you purchase a Dahua system, you can record any or all cameras, and then stream which ever camera you want to a web page by using the rtsp video stream, or even embed a snapshot from each camera. I prefer embedding a snapshot because it conserves bandwidth and will not kill your upload stream for the internet connection where the DVR is located at.

I know you mention IP based, but you should know that you can embed streams/snapshots with analog DVRs by Dahua. The DVRs have a very stable webserver built-in that lets you do a few tricks.

I am rephrasing the snapshot function description mentioned at 123CCTV (source http://www.123-cctv.com/snapshot-url.html). You can use a url of the following form to embed in to your web page:

http://IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?&u=[uSERNAME]&p=[PASSWORD]

The above url is for ip cameras. Each camera would have a different url. You can separate different cameras by port forwarding different external ports to the http port for each camera. Then, you can use javascript to refresh the url as often as you like, and the url will reload a current picture.

I've done this in the past with their help and it worked fine. Just make sure your have plenty of bandwidth for upload where the cameras are located. Also note that the snapshot you get will be at a resolution set in the camera's main stream. So if your camera is set to record at 2mp, the snapshots will be at 2mp. For visitors to the webpage this may become very slow depending on their bandwidth. You could also create a custom script on your webserver that first caches the images, and then recodes them to a smaller size before displaying them to the visitor.

Why is it every post is 123 cctv.

For a bar area first it's light conditions ....... Is no good just saying oh dahua will do.

Also first thing is the legal and practical of having your images open to the public.

It's sounds like a good idea having live feed ..... It could also be a way of turning customers away from the bar.

I would go for 30 mins or 1 hour snap shots .

And with Dropbox it is very simple ...... And most recorders or IP cameras can be easy to set.