Sign in to follow this  
corey2444

Neighbor ripped the cord from my Lorex camera.

Lots of problems with my neighbor. We got into an argument after he lashed out at me and one of the things he said was that he could get his kids to tell the police anything he wants about me. That's when I decided to get cameras.

Being the nice and forgiving guy that I am, I made amends with him, even though I have never done anything to hurt him, his property or his family, though he accuses me of such things.

I have had to call the police on him several times. Never have they done a damn thing, even though I have his son on camera ripping the cord, making the camera non functional. but that's beside the point.

The model camera is Lorex LCB7183. I tried repairing it, but the yellow video was ripped right where the cord splits into two , 1 yellow for video, 2, black and 2 red. I think the 2 black and 2 red are for the IR & reg video power/negative. What i think I need is to cut the cord below the junction and get some replacement cord, then solder and heat shrink it all back.

Does anyone know where they sell this configuration of replacement cord? I have seen power replacement cords, and also RG6 and RG59, but none of these will work. I think they only way is a repair cord.

I would call the police on the neighbor and make them pay for a replacement! PERIOD!

Also put up no trespassing signs, have police issue order they are specifically not to trespass on your property - then charge them with trespassing if they do.

The purpose of a CCTV system is to catch and prosecute these jerks. You caught one, LET 'EM HAVE IT!

Lots of problems with my neighbor. We got into an argument after he lashed out at me and one of the things he said was that he could get his kids to tell the police anything he wants about me. That's when I decided to get cameras.

Being the nice and forgiving guy that I am, I made amends with him, even though I have never done anything to hurt him, his property or his family, though he accuses me of such things.

I have had to call the police on him several times. Never have they done a damn thing, even though I have his son on camera ripping the cord, making the camera non functional. but that's beside the point.

The model camera is Lorex LCB7183. I tried repairing it, but the yellow video was ripped right where the cord splits into two , 1 yellow for video, 2, black and 2 red. I think the 2 black and 2 red are for the IR & reg video power/negative. What i think I need is to cut the cord below the junction and get some replacement cord, then solder and heat shrink it all back.

Does anyone know where they sell this configuration of replacement cord? I have seen power replacement cords, and also RG6 and RG59, but none of these will work. I think they only way is a repair cord.

The police are beyond bad here in Phoenix. I had to call the PD 3 times in 24 hours on the father, twice for shooting my flood lights out with a BB gun and once for breaking a camera. 2 weeks later the son ripped the cord off the second camera. The father apologized for the son, but never took responsibility for the camera he said he "accidentally" broke. Each time the officers just put a number on a little white card and drive off. Oh, they spent 2 minutes knocking on the door before giving up. Even the video was sent to a detective which he passed on to the prosecutor but I never heard anything from the state about any charges. They simply won't do a damn thing unless it's big money like a DUI.

Even when I had a couple at Jack-in-the-Box on camera taking my phone, along with a GPS tracking of their home, they still refused to do a damn thing. They are ONLY concerned with pay and pension. The whole "protect & serve" slogan has been removed long ago. My only hope is the civil courts, but no one is going to hold their feet to the fire to make them pay. It is beyond frustrating. I was really hoping someone could advise with a supplier for this type of cord so I can salvage a $150 camera.

I don't think you are going to find any replacement cord for that. You could contact Lorex and maybe they could sell you one?

What I would do is just solder the yellow to the center of the coax cable, one black to the coax shield, the other black to power negative, and the two reds to power positive.

Then I would stick all my cameras up high on poles or whatever so the jerk can't reach them. And get a lawyer to sue them and also pay for my legal expenses (rack up the lawyer charges). Garnish their wages.

These people need to learn there are consequences for their actions - I wouldn't care how much it cost me (if they had no money to pay the lawyer and I had to.)

Howdy,

I too would say you should contact Lorex for that piece.

NOTE= why are you going to fix the camera? The camera is only good if you use it for its purpose and go after the guy. Do whatever necessary and charge the person who ripped the camera out. Do not take an apology, take them to the legal system. If you don't, take the cameras down and sell them.

The police are beyond bad here in Phoenix. I had to call the PD 3 times in 24 hours on the father, twice for shooting my flood lights out with a BB gun and once for breaking a camera.
LOL wth. That is insane behavior.

I would pursue in civil court but using a BB gun to shoot at your property needs to be taken seriously.