sf1964

image of dim lit bar with a panasonic 924

funny guys!!That pic was only at the front of the bar and l also have a cam closer overlooking the door only!!When the person walks in the door cam picks up,then when the id is put through the id cam it then bypasses the door cam and you get the actual picture of the licence etc.then when you take it out it goes back to the door cam,so in effect l have id and door cam using in series using one power source,that way l can have 2 cams instead of one!!

I guess l will have to show you the bar when l have a line outside to get in and maybe some hot college girls aswell That pic was taken at 8.00pm nobody goes out in college bars till at least 11pm!!!!

http://spyville.com/idcamera.html

thats the id cam l use!

You did a good job putting together a nice system. That scanning system is the one I was reffering to in my post above. Nice system.

Did you use a fixed lens on this camera or a varifocal? What F-stop did you use?

You said it makes it brighter than the scene actually is, that is why I am asking about the particular lens you are using. Curiosity.

jasper,it is a varifocal 1/2 inch lens by fujinon l purchased from pr o security w arehou se.l dont know the specs off hand as l bought it over a year ago,l would have to find my invoice if l still have it to find out,or you could give them a call and they would give you the correct lens for your application,ps the lens are over $xxx and they dont have an awful lot of these 1/2 lenses,l guess not much demand!!

ok,just found the invoice it says model # HG2Z4516FCS-2 1/2 INCH 4.5-10MM AUTO IRIS LENS $xxx.00

http://www.tycosafetyproducts-europe.com/english/pdf/datasht/cctv/HG2Z4516FCS-2.pdf

Edited by Guest

JUST ADDED A LINK,IT WAS A COMPUTAR LENS NOT FUJINON!!

That is funny. I am at the same exact site reading about it now.

I am suprised you are getting such good low light results because when they quote the lux ratings for that camera I believe is was with an f1.4 lens.

Actually not that suprised because after reviewing the specs again I can see with the f1.4 you can achieve a 0.14 lux for color and 0.06 for BW, so the F1.6 is still going to give you good color response, just won't go as low in B/W.

If you end up moving the camera down like Copperman suggested repost a new picture and let us take a look at it.

behindbar.jpg[/img]

ok here is the pan 474d/n in b/w mode l am still playing around with settings,as you can see this is very difficult lighting with the tvs flickering in front of lens!!This was recorded onto cd on site .

l just finished the install of the ge 540 b/w cams with 0.95f lens,l am very happy with it (thanks rory) l get to see an awful lot of the bar area with this lens and there is no light issues because of the dim light,l also adjusted the pan 474 domes back to auto 1 and sensitivity x10 auto and left them in colour ,they will change to b/w if it gets too dark,but it is staying in colour upto now(good camera) but is a bit grainy but still a decent picture.

l tried filefactory .com but lt is not working for me as l have a couple of 10 sec clips from the cd l brought from the bar that l wanted to share!!

p.s thats me 4th person down leaning against the bar,talking to guy with hat on,l guess someone has to be working!!

p.s thats me 4th person down leaning against the bar,talking to guy with hat on,l guess someone has to be working!!

the gal behind him is the one you should be "working" on...

Rory

Are you happy now.

How big of files will go through your email server Rory? And sf1964, can you send files larger than 10MB? Are they smaller? When you tried sending them to me I just got two 1KB files with nothing in them.

Not enogh light for decent color though huh? Shame.

Or Skype? If he has an account?

I don't know why the FileFactory site isn't working for you? From the home page you just go down the page to where is says upload up to 500MB, click on that, it prompts you for the code on the screen, you check a box that you agree to the terms, then browse to the file you want to upload and click on and it uploads it and gives you a link.

l tried to upload straight from cd,not from hard drive!!! maybe that has issues,also l did not send the viewer(proprietery software to view)recorded images,l am not sure how to do this as you need the nuvico software to view!!

Do l have to save the videofiles on my h.d first and then l can email???

rory send me your email and l will try again later on.

l tried to upload straight from cd,not from hard drive!!! maybe that has issues,also l did not send the viewer(proprietery software to view)recorded images,l am not sure how to do this as you need the nuvico software to view!!

Do l have to save the videofiles on my h.d first and then l can email???

rory send me your email and l will try again later on.

Yeah, you should copy the files to the hard drive first as it is a touchy process as it is already. Then you can try it again and see what happens.

Rory is in the same boat. He can't except big files through his email either. You can try FileFactory again. They have another area below the file upload, which is sending large files via email. You can try this. Try sending one to my email address. It will upload and then provide a download link. I can then try and see if it will play back on my computer before I upload it to the forum.

I think I will get a hosting site soon though to avoid the FileFactory. Maybe I will take a look right now.

Rory was going to have you ftp the files onto his computer. I don't know if you were prepared to do that or not?

i can accept them, i just dont want my email server hanging up

its easier to ftp ...

i cant send anything over 1meg .. as my SMTP is the local ISP since they block port 25 ..

Skype is easy though, no ports to forward ...

sf 1964,

A couple more suggestions for you to try with the 'pan 474 dome' over the bar (incidentally, I don't know this camera at all).

Pan the camera about 10 - 12 degrees to the right, and perhaps 10 degrees down. That should tidy up the framing to exclude unwanted overhead space, and the nearest TV on the left hand side of the picture.

Initial impressions look like there is a degree of flaring being caused by light shining onto the dome cover. If you can, perhaps try using black 'gaffer' tape or insulating tape, to tape over the entire dome cover around the lens. This should help to reduce internal reflections in the cover itself, caused by side lighting.

It may or may not help, but it's certainly worth a try.

duly noted cooperman,l cant seem to be able to adjust it more than l have it as it is wall mounted,it swivels almost 300 degrees if it was on the ceiling but l am limited to how much sise to side play with the gimble on the wall mount.Maybe l should mount it higher(ceiling 12ft) anyway and l will not be in the way of the glare of the tvs!!

ok,l emailed jasper with the client software or anyone can download it from nuvicos website it is for the xg model dvr http://www.nuvico.com/product.asp?strCategoryCD=DC001&strModel=XG%20SERIES

secondly here is a link to view video (using dvr client)http://http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITBVQ9X7

let me know if you guys have any success,l am not that technical with computers so bear with me!!

Or try this links to view!!http://www.msnusers.com/h54p46mabi5aaj84hepidjvbi7/documents.msnw?fc_a=0&fc_p=

Sorry, looks like you emailed me a shortcut Link instead of the actual software? I got a .zig file less than 1k size.

The MSN link I am getting a prompt to sign up.

The Megaupload Link is been loading for over 10 minutes now.

The DVR link worked and I downloaded and installed the client software. Just need to figure out how we can help you to upload your sample video files.

You could always open up a Skype account, which is free. It lets you send files to another person without having any technical skills. You just need to setup an account and PM me or Rory and let us know what your skype name is. We can chat you through the rest, it allows chat also.

http://www.skype.com/

sf1964,

You really don't want to mount the camera any higher, unless you absolutely have to.

Is there any way you could fit a basic 'L' shaped wall bracket, so you have the same level of movement available, as would be if it were ceiling mounted?

what type of wall bracket could be used for this cam?? anybody!! so l could mount it lower and have the flexibility of ceiling mount.

cooperman where are you from in the u.k?.l was born in newcastle and then moved down to the lancs/yorks border near the pennines a small town called Barnoldswick,near Burnley in Lancs.