Sign in to follow this  
gabemcg

Hikvision NVR will not record... "no enough space"

Just got a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P. Installed a WD Red 3TB drive in it. Formatted it via the web GUI no problem, and it shows a status of "Normal".

From the "Live View" page, I click the record button, and I get an error "Message from webpage. No enough space".

I am running 3.0.10.

Any ideas?

From the web interface on a computer? When you click on the "record" button on the web interface you are actually telling the web browser to make a local copy on your computer. So, you will record on your local HD, not the HD you have installed on the NVR. If you have not configured a directory on the local computer, and you are not running the web browser with administrator rights, it will give you an error since it is not able to record.

Got it! I set one of my cameras to "continuos" record to test, and it works fine. Thanks for the clarification.

To prevent me from asking stupid questions in the future, is there any good English documentation on the web GUI for the 3.0.10 version I am running?

Hik, and most of the mid-range manufacturers, are not real strong on documentation, especially about keeping it up to date as versions change. Luckily, community support is strong for the popular brands.