Sign in to follow this  
freakonleash

VMS Software, System Specs, Camera Specs

Hi All. Hope this is the right forum for this.

We have a production site with CCTV camera's for security and production monitoring. The system was purchased and now has been put into my plate.

We have a server with an VMS system installed communicating to 25 IP based camera's. These are primarily Samsung 7080R devices and we are getting another 10 7084R on order. The server specs are:

Dual Xeox E5-2609

16gb Ram

28tb HDD

Dedicated graphics.

The current VMS we are using have now decided to stop supporting Samsung camera's so was wondering if anyone could suggest some VMS software alternatives that are good. (I am opting to not mention the current vendor as I would prefer not naming them). The system needs to support the recording of video (don't care about features such as counting at this stage) and also needs to have a client that can be installed on end user's PC to monitor, Client needs to be able to run accross multiple screens for the process monitoring (i.e. single PC with 3 x outputs showing 6 camera's on each)

Also, what sort of configuration on the camera's are best? Currently have them set up to 3mp mode, 1920x1080, H264, 10fps. Can anyone suggest a better config?

Appreciate any feedback

Hi All. Hope this is the right forum for this.

We have a production site with CCTV camera's for security and production monitoring. The system was purchased and now has been put into my plate.

We have a server with an VMS system installed communicating to 25 IP based camera's. These are primarily Samsung 7080R devices and we are getting another 10 7084R on order. The server specs are:

Dual Xeox E5-2609

16gb Ram

28tb HDD

Dedicated graphics.

The current VMS we are using have now decided to stop supporting Samsung camera's so was wondering if anyone could suggest some VMS software alternatives that are good. (I am opting to not mention the current vendor as I would prefer not naming them). The system needs to support the recording of video (don't care about features such as counting at this stage) and also needs to have a client that can be installed on end user's PC to monitor, Client needs to be able to run accross multiple screens for the process monitoring (i.e. single PC with 3 x outputs showing 6 camera's on each)

Also, what sort of configuration on the camera's are best? Currently have them set up to 3mp mode, 1920x1080, H264, 10fps. Can anyone suggest a better config?

Appreciate any feedback

Check if cameras supported by Avigilon

Looks like the 7080 is supported ak. Not sure about the 7084 model, going to guess probably since it's in the same family.

Freak - Most people will probably recommend, Avigilon, Milestone, Exacq or even BlueIris for your scenario.

I would say, do some due diligence and try each one out as you'll be working with 35 cameras. Most companies

offer a demo trial period for their software. If the vms manufacturer doesn't have a demo trial of their software then

look on youtube for some tutorials or videos showing how the software works or I guess contact the manufacturer's sales rep.

Also, at 35 3MP cameras i'd maybe give the cameras a variable bit rate (vbr) cap of say not to exceed 7.5-8Mbps of bandwidth to

start as to not to overload the server you have. It's also strange that it's a 3MP Camera but you are using it in 2MP Resolution mode.

Avigilon's 30day demo trial software can be found here - (op for Standard version at end of install)

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/software-updates-and-downloads/

Exacq's 30day trial link

https://exacq.com/tryexacqvision/

Milestones 30day trial link

http://www.milestonesys.com/our-products/xprotect-software-suite/xprotect-express/

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am evaluating as much software as i can to try and see whats out there and what functional. I dropped the Resolution to 2MP as i was trying to see if i can solve the issues i was having with our current software freezing.

I'll give the others a go throughout the next few days and see where i get to.

I have already trailed Avigilon and Axxon. will give the others a whirl