Sign in to follow this  
tolnep

HIKVISION offshore/onshore to USA and mounting hardware ?

I am in the process of replacing an old analog system in a residence with IP cameras. After reviews it appears that Hikvision will meet my needs for cameras.

i have never purchased offshore (im in USA) and want to make sure i get cameras and other hardware that support english and can be updated with US compatible firmware. If you search you find some folks that get HIKVision cameras and then have issues with Chinese firmware.

Also it appears that cameras do not come with mounting hardware in some (all?) cases and in any case i will need alternative mounting hardware.

Lots of folks recommend ALIExpress. if ordering there, how do i make sure that i get USA compatible cameras/hardware? And after searching that sight it was not clear how to also purchase optional mounting hardware.

Would folks recommend purchasing onshore and if so which retailers?

thanks for any info.

I am in the process of replacing an old analog system in a residence with IP cameras. After reviews it appears that Hikvision will meet my needs for cameras.

i have never purchased offshore (im in USA) and want to make sure i get cameras and other hardware that support english and can be updated with US compatible firmware. If you search you find some folks that get HIKVision cameras and then have issues with Chinese firmware.

Also it appears that cameras do not come with mounting hardware in some (all?) cases and in any case i will need alternative mounting hardware.

Lots of folks recommend ALIExpress. if ordering there, how do i make sure that i get USA compatible cameras/hardware? And after searching that sight it was not clear how to also purchase optional mounting hardware.

Would folks recommend purchasing onshore and if so which retailers?

thanks for any info.

You will need to purchase from an authorized distributor. The big names that distribute this stuff in the USA is ADI, Tri-Ed, etc. You will need to have a business to purchase from these places. The next step would just be a reseller or integrator that can acquire it from these distributors.