mabar1

Looking for details on ONSSI cost structure

Hello all,

We have been asked by a customer to help build out a ONSSI system.

We are not familiar with the software, so I am looking for any overview/assistance/gotcha advice you might offer.

It appears they want to build an Ocularis PS, or potentially a CS based system.

I understand that from a software perspective, there is a Base license, then a license per camera. There may also be optional costs that sound like insurance... meaning if you pay an add'l fee and they update their software to a new version, you don't have to buy all new IP camera licenses.

There may also be support fees/charges, but I am not certain.

I have a quote for a CS based system from a couple of years ago that they showed me. The hardware for 8TB Raid, Xeon based win 7 system was approx $6,000.00. I believe I could build this or a very similar system for under $2000.00

The Ocularis CS licenses look like they were quoting about $250.00 each.

They then wanted some sort of warranty cost of about $350.00

and 1 year of support was slightly over $1000.00.

All in all, approx 20 ip channels with hardware and support was going to be about $13,000.

Can anyone share with me if the cost outlined above is excessive? Mid range? High? Low?

Looking online, I can find base licenses in for under $200.00, camera licenses for about $85 each.

I may be missing some things, but I ballpark being able to build and license the software for around $4000.00 give or take $500.00.

I would mark the cost up so I can make some money, but going from $4k to $13k seems like someone is making a 300% markup, or I am missing something in the equation.

Thanks for your help.