Sign in to follow this  
staceyh

HIKVision NVR & Trendnet/Axis Network video server

Hi All

First post

Not sure if this is the correct section for this question, if not sorry, just let me know where and I will redo

Anyway onto the question, I have a HIKVision DS-9664NI-ST 64 channel IP recorder, no issues all works great, I have 15 HIKVision cameras (DS-2CD2732F-I & DS-2CD2632F-I) and 25 TrendNET cameras (TV-IP311PI), again, no issues, however, my issues are when I try and connect a number of existing analogue cameras, large PTZ external units

I brought four TrendNET TV-VS1P video servers as I had no issues with TrendNET cameras, but I cant get them to work, I then brought a Axis M7014 4 channel video server as Axis was listed as a camera type on the NVR, but only channel 1 work, the remain 3 input cannot be selected as when you try and add a second camera it say the IP address is already in use.

Any ideas on how to get the TrendNET video servers working or how to get the remaining 3 channels on the Axis working, I have contacted the tech support for HIKVision but they did not help.

Regards

Stacey

Any ideas on how to get the TrendNET video servers working or how to get the remaining 3 channels on the Axis working, I have contacted the tech support for HIKVision but they did not help.

Can't help with that, no idea. What I can help you with is that if you had gotten Hikvision DVRs instead, you would have not had any problemes to get it working. You can use Hikvision DVRs as video server/video encoder, so the Hikvision NVRs can use any existing analog cameras as if they were IP cameras.

If you can, return the Trendnet and Axis video servers, and just get Hikvision DVRs for as many channels as you need. It will be very easy to get it working.

Hi

Many thanks for the replys

The HIKVision firmware is V3.1.1 build 140314

I cannot return them now as due to the Christmas holiday and my vacation I am outside of the return window.

Regards

Stacey

Download and install the latest FW with the link below. Not saying that it will work, but according to hikvision, the latest FW supposed to help with 3rd party devices and streams. Give it a try and see what happens. Make sure after upgrade, you delete all browsing history and exist out the browser and then open the NVR web interface again and try.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/DS-76%2677%2686%2685%2695%2696-ST%20-SP%20-XT-RT/V3.1.7%20build%20141201%20Multi-lingual/