Sign in to follow this  
scquestions

Foscam FI9821W vs Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

Foscam FI9821W vs Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

I think most on here are going to recommend the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW. Is that right? Do you think it is worth $30 more? Also, by purchasing from aliexpress as far as I know there isn't a warranty and I can't get it replaced if there is a problem like I can with the Foscam. Also, it seems like the Hikvision is more difficult to set up.

Taking all of that into consideration, do you think the Hikvision is worth it? I've heard about Foscam cameras needing to be replaced and that their support is good, but I haven't heard of many Hikvision's having problems.

My next concern is security. I'm still doing my research, but want the Foscam or Hikvision to be secure, and allow remote viewing. I'm new at this, so if someone could reply and tell me if it is possible to get them secure with little chance of someone being able to view other than myself? I heard there was a security problem last year but I think that is because a lot of people had the default usernames and passwords.

Thank you.

Hi. That Foscam vs fisher price toy cam I would pick the fisher price.

If the hikvision is the type you want then

Hikvision vs avtech vs axis is going to be a better few options

Hi. That Foscam vs fisher price toy cam I would pick the fisher price.

If the hikvision is the type you want then

Hikvision vs avtech vs axis is going to be a better few options

Thank you for your reply.

What is a good basic camera that can be used as a monitor for a baby or elderly person? Would you recommend the Hikvision model I mentioned? Is there another that is better for the money? Looking to spend as little as possible, but don't want something that is going to break because then that would be a waste of money.

I'm hesitant purchasing the Hikvision without any support or warranty but if it is really as good as those on this forum make it sound it might be worth it.

Thank you.