Kempy

Rotating camera 90 degrees + Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Hi Guys

After reading various posts on here I decided to bite the bullet and utilise my home Synology NAS box for CCTV purposes.

So far Ive just installed one Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I on the rear of my house and really pleased with the results.

I have a few questions though.

My garden is long and narrow'ish. (Please see attached)

I'm sure I've read somewhere that it might be possible to rotate the camera 90 degrees and switching the image around.

Does this work?

Any disadvantages?

Im thinking it may give better coverage.

Secondly Im trying to get motion detection setup but having difficulties.

I understand its better to offload the motion detection to the cameras instead of Synology Surveillance station.

Within the camera Ive switched to the 'Expert mode' to allow for Day/Night sensitivity.

Its set at 50.

Proportion is set to 4 - Is this the proposition of an object in relation to the drawn detection box?

What settings do you guys typically run?

Finally, my camera seems to run 3MP@15FPS or 2MP@30FPS - Which would I be better off running?

Any other tweaks you guys can offer regarding camera setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Capture.thumb.JPG.d6474e18d0b78b585478c108aad290be.JPG

Configuration -> Advanced configuration -> Image -> Display settings -> Video adjustment -> Rotate -> ON

But with a 2CD2032 you can't rotate the sensor inside the camera, so you will have to install your camera sideways. Not nice.

Configuration -> Advanced configuration -> Image -> Display settings -> Video adjustment -> Rotate -> ON

But with a 2CD2032 you can't rotate the sensor inside the camera, so you will have to install your camera sideways. Not nice.

great, thanks.

Do you think its worth mounting it sideways, am I likely to get better coverage?

great, thanks.

Do you think its worth mounting it sideways, am I likely to get better coverage?

I would never do it for a customer... But hey, if it is for yourself, do as you please. The "sun shield" (or whatever it is called) will be on the side of the camera, instead of on top.

You could even try to disassemble the camera and see if all the guts of the camera can be rotated 90º.