kmax1940

How to integrate with Dahua DVRs and NVRs

Hello, does anyone have idea how to get started integrating with Dahua DVRs and NVRs?

I need to create web based "cloud" solution that will grab the video from dahua DVRs or NVRs and restream it to my end users via browsers and mobile devices.

I need to find the starting point for the integration?

Would I have to contact Dahua and get their permission to do an integration?

What I mean is... would I need their source code for the firmware to get started?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply... but we are trying to create a web based "cloud" that integrates with dahua dvrs and nvrs...

We are not trying to just install their pss software...

An actual cloud based video service that can connect to the video from dahua products...

Thanks for the reply... but we are trying to create a web based "cloud" that integrates with dahua dvrs and nvrs...

We are not trying to just install their pss software...

An actual cloud based video service that can connect to the video from dahua products...

Hi. It sounds like your just making it difficult for your customers. And you.

I understand cloud storage but don't understand why you would want new viewing software for your customers

If anyone has any idea how to get started integrating with a dahua dvr please let me know

What do you mean by "integrating"? With what you want to integrate? Via which protocol(s)? What should be available besides video feed?

Hello, we are using the sureview cloud right now... (immix)

When you login to immix...

You tell it the ip of your dvr click "get config"

It will bring back all the camera names and you can check off the ones you want to add to the "site" you are creating.

then when you create that site...

your end users can view those camera via browsers and mobile devices.

Does IMMIX directly support DAHUA? If not, you'll have to write a 3rd party plugin/software that will link/transcode from DAHUA's format to IMMIX supported format (that is, from getting config of the DVR to getting the video and audio stream).

First, you'll have to find out if IMMIX can be extended with additional plugins and find out the specs/docs/API. From there on, you should bridge IMMIX client/push-client with DAHUA's SDK.

Thanks but we care actually trying to sort of copy what immix is doing.

Trying to integrate a dahua dvr into our website like they do...

Just looking for the starting place...

I have no idea...

I think we might actually have get a deal with dahua to allow us to do an integration... we might need the firmware source or something...

Ahhh thank you so much.

That is a big help!

Any idea how they get the video from the dvr to play in flash player?

I dont see anything about that in the sdk documentation.

thanks again

Well, I can't post here a full solution(as if I was doing your job and wanted to lose my job ). You have to transcode/recode the video.