BlackCat81

Hikvision DS-7104N-SN/P Hard drive & setup advice please

Hello I am really new to all this, so please understand.... I have just purchased a Hikvision DS-7104N-SN/P from aliexpress, and also a DS-2CD2032-i camera. Please can you give me or point me to a list of factory recommended 4TB Hard drives for this model? I cant find info anywhere, I have asked HIkvision/supplier but I am not getting much luck, I can find a list for other models, but not this one.

There must be a makes and types recommended, I want it to perform at its best so I don't want to just put any old drive in, please can you advise.

Also will this POE directly to the camera from the port on the rear without a POE injector?

Is there a fools guide to setting these up from scratch, for new people like me?

Thank you all in advance.

Seagate SV35 is going to be your best hard drive to use in a Hikvision Recorder. I have tried a lot of different ones and those to be the best ones that work very well with Hiks Recorders. I honestly had a lot of issues with WD, so i would not recommend using WD Drives.

Here is a link to ones of those, feel free to look around for a cheaper one:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Surveillance-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST4000VX000/dp/B00JW53C5Y

Also yes the NVR will power up its cameras without having any kind of external injectors.