Maggan

How to set up monitors

I will run 8-10 cameras around my house. It will run on windows server 2008 r2. I do not know camera program at the moment.

I have a mobo that support x16 pci express meaning I could use a good grafic card with hdmi.

I would like to have have 2 monitors in my "safe room" online 24/7 and be able to watch all cameras at all time. (I will have raytec infrared stuff and so on)

I woul also like to have 1 monitor in each livingroom online 24 seven showing at least 4 of the same most inportant cameras.

Is this possible and how? Please help me with larger 24 inch monitors for the safe room and small monitors for the living room.

I suppose this could be achieved in multiple ways.

First, rather than spend $400 on a good video card, why not just spend $400 on a good NVR? That way you could easily get like branded cameras with good motion detection.

As far as getting the view to multiple rooms, you have a couple of options. You could get a VGA or HDMI splitter and run cables to the TVs or Monitors in other rooms. A better option would be just to use a device to view the cameras remotely such as a smart phone or a web browser on a computer.

I am not sure I completely understand your requirement. You are going to get more clarity from having good cameras than anything else. Even a cheap Acer 24" should be more than enough to do the job in your safe room.

Hope it helps a little.

The cameras I have are 2 Axis Q3505-ve, 3 Axis F series F1005-E, 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I(S), 1 hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I(S).

I have a server that will be running windows 2008 r2 with 3 6TB disc

I can run HDMI to one of my living rooms. I might be able to (with great difficulty) make way for running HDMI cables to my safe room.

The reason that I would like to run HDMI cables and not use internet when I am home is I that I only have a 2 gigabit network. (trunk) cat 6 cables. I could not afford 10 gigabit switches and so on. It might eat up my network? I have fibre 100/100 for internet

would a HDMI splitter work? The server Is in another plane of my house. It is very difficult to get to(safe) but I did not think of my security situation when I did everything.

It is so typical that I have another closet that is 4 meter from my safe room and of course with acces to running any wires in the world...

I have this same HDMI splitter I use in my man cave to duplicate displays.

output of my media reciver feeds into it, it then mirrors the display on two monitors.

I still do not understand why you could not just use a web application that is configured on your internal network to view the server? If is it going to be windows2008, why not just RDP to it? RDP would be laggy, but you could at least see the cameras. If you want real time video you are going to have to run a video cable.

I will try to run hdmi cables when possible and take your advice on use web application on the rest.

thank you and please forgive my bad english