Hi guys

I am using 4 IP cameras in a small office and cameras are connected to a PC. I used IVMS4200 PCNVR to see cameras and they are all working fine.

The problem is when I record cameras I lose frame rate and my client is not very happy about it. how can i resolve this problem.

The first thing to check is what the CPU utilization is. If that's OK, you might be having hard drive speed issues. Network problems seem unlikely if live view is good.

Process Explorer from Microsoft can show a short history of CPU, I/O, and hard drive writes that can show if any of these are causing problems when you have dropped frames.

I bet you are you running 64-bit os? 16gb+ of memory?

Better CPU and memory utilization is an issue with the iVMS 4200 software. I have literally been talking with their tech support on this for the past several weeks.

I have a built a pretty high-end server, Xeon processor, 32gb of memory, etc - and it can code/decode 4k content with no issues. But the iVMS 4200 only taps into a small portion of the CPU or memory available. If you look at your task manager and the iVMS 4200 CPU and memory utilization you will see a huge disconnect where iVMS 4200 thinks it is out of system resources - but your task manager shows plenty of CPU and memory still available.

I don't think they are updating their PCNVR SW but you might want to try to install their latest iVMS 4200 SW,

iVMS-4200 V2.3.0.4 Release Notes

Highly improved the decoding capacity for live view and play back under 64 -bit system.

It seems better but I have discovered another bug with the camera viewing area gets "clipped" in the 4200 SW. So I have to revert back to an old version - and waiting for the next version to be released. They have agreed to fix the camera "clipping" but we will see...

Hope this helps.