Sign in to follow this  
venturis

Hikvision IVMS4200 v 2.03.00.04 can't find motion events

I recently upgraded to the recently release version of iVMS4200 ( 2.03.00.04) which has a few changes from the previous version but mainly in the way that the Playback interface work.

Since upgrading, I have not been able to get the iVMS4200 client to find any motion detection events in the playback interface.

When I search for motion events I only get a single event, which was the one and only event that it shows from several days earlier but since then it will not find any other motion events.

I know the motion detection is work properly as I have also been recording to a router connected HDD on motion event.

I found that none of the previous versions of iVMS4200 would mark all the motion events on the timeline whereas, the camera web interface very nicely shows all the motion events as orange bars. Makes it easier to see at a glance where all the activity has been. Its a shame Hikvision cant duplicate this functionality in their desktop client.

I also found that at some point, I could not longer stop iVMS4200 from pre-recording on motion event. It insisted on adding a 30 second pre-record to the footage regardless of what I set in the recording advanced settings.

I've tried reconfiguring the camera and clearing out the settings and starting again.

I am running the latest PCNVR and that has been running fine for many months and the Playback event search worked fine in the previous version of iVMS4200 so I can only conclude that the latest version of the iVMS4200 client is not finding the motion detection events properly.

Ive been using iVMS4200 for a long time now so I would like to think I know how set it up correctly.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

I recently upgraded to the recently release version of iVMS4200 ( 2.03.00.04) which has a few changes from the previous version but mainly in the way that the Playback interface work.

Since upgrading, I have not been able to get the iVMS4200 client to find any motion detection events in the playback interface.

When I search for motion events I only get a single event, which was the one and only event that it shows from several days earlier but since then it will not find any other motion events.

I know the motion detection is work properly as I have also been recording to a router connected HDD on motion event.

I found that none of the previous versions of iVMS4200 would mark all the motion events on the timeline whereas, the camera web interface very nicely shows all the motion events as orange bars. Makes it easier to see at a glance where all the activity has been. Its a shame Hikvision cant duplicate this functionality in their desktop client.

I also found that at some point, I could not longer stop iVMS4200 from pre-recording on motion event. It insisted on adding a 30 second pre-record to the footage regardless of what I set in the recording advanced settings.

I've tried reconfiguring the camera and clearing out the settings and starting again.

I am running the latest PCNVR and that has been running fine for many months and the Playback event search worked fine in the previous version of iVMS4200 so I can only conclude that the latest version of the iVMS4200 client is not finding the motion detection events properly.

Ive been using iVMS4200 for a long time now so I would like to think I know how set it up correctly.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

I use the 2.3.0.4 client with cameras on v5.2.0 firmware recording to a QNAP NAS and the camera logs show more events but as these overlap they appear as the same number of red playable events on the playback interface of the cameras and the iVMS 2.3.0.4 client.

I can use the camera web interface to review the motion events but can't do the same with iVMS4200.

Since my last post I tried again and iVMS4200 found two seemingly random motion events but none of the other 50-100 events that also appear when using the camera interface.

I've reverted back to the previous version of iVMS4200 until this bug is fixed.

I can use the camera web interface to review the motion events but can't do the same with iVMS4200.

Since my last post I tried again and iVMS4200 found two seemingly random motion events but none of the other 50-100 events that also appear when using the camera interface.

I've reverted back to the previous version of iVMS4200 until this bug is fixed.

What version of the camera firmware are you using, perhaps the bug is there and not in the VMS?