frostbitte

Panasonic WV-SC384 PTZ controls really slow

Hi there,

We have a couple of Panasonic WV-SC384 PTZ cameras that are extremely slow to respond for their PTZ controls. I can get them to respond via the web interface but it's horribly slow. In the Ocularis client, the PTZ functions are not at all responsive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don't you have on settings an option to fix the speed?

Panasonic have excellent cams and probably the option is there, take a look

I know with some AXIS PTZ cams, this option exist to allow the user the management of the PTZ speed.

Also some VMS have this option in the settings section.

Hi Riri,

thanks for the reply.

I've been looking for that on the web interface on the camera itself and no go.

I am however able to move it much better in the camera properties in the Ocularis camera settings itself. I'll keep digging.

Frostbitte

Hi there,

We have a couple of Panasonic WV-SC384 PTZ cameras that are extremely slow to respond for their PTZ controls. I can get them to respond via the web interface but it's horribly slow. In the Ocularis client, the PTZ functions are not at all responsive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If we're talking about local access...

It sounds like your network can't handle the traffic. If it's responding but delayed, I usually find the culprit to be an insufficient router. I've also heard claims that a less that satisfactory graphics card can cause this too, although I've never witnessed that myself.

If you're getting this problem from outside your network during remote viewing, your upload speed just isn't high enough to achieve what you want.

Hi Don,

That's what I'm suspecting (network) The Ocularis clients are on a different subnet than the server. The IOS was upgraded on the routers so I'm thinking something funny is going on there. It's just an odd problem. The cameras seem to be streaming fine but just the PTZ controls aren't working.

Are PTZ controls defaulted through port 80?

Frostbitte

I couldn't tell you what the default port is for that camera but the PTZ controls would go through the same port.

Are you noticing dropped frames or a reduced frame rate when you're streaming video, or is the only thing affected the PTZ controls?

Ok, I figured it out.

I ended up rebooting the recording server after doing a bunch of troubleshooting and checking. I don't like to do this as it takes other working cameras off line temporarily.

After the reboot the PTZ controls returned to normal. It's almost as if the server was/is near capacity and/or the caches all needed to be flushed after the reboot.

What threw me off a bit was the fact that video was still being streamed without issue afaik and other cameras were working fine.

Maybe an undocumented bug or time to do some software/firmware updates.

Anyways, thanks for all your advice.

Frostbitte