Raikkok

SW that can differentiate between insects/birds and people

Can anyone tell me what software is nowadays available to differentiate between insects/birds and people?

My cameras are DS-2CD2032-I hikvision

Thanks

Edited by Guest

There's an interesting one they show at all the security cam trade shows but never took their info. They show you the conference floor with people walking around and it tags the people with their name if it can identify them and they estimate age based on their face. I don't remember their name and the next trade show is April, so if you don't get an answer by then, ask again.

There's an interesting one they show at all the security cam trade shows but never took their info. They show you the conference floor with people walking around and it tags the people with their name if it can identify them and they estimate age based on their face. I don't remember their name and the next trade show is April, so if you don't get an answer by then, ask again.

Thanks Blue

I found in your blog a post yours, where you wrote this link:

https://www.sighthound.com/products/

I think it could be what i´m looking for.

In my post, i didn´t explain so well the idea i want it... Recognition face no.. i want a software that can difference between a person from a spider, bird, etc.. to avoid false positives alarm in my mail/sms and for avoid buying an alarm with alarm i/o (that they are expensive than other ones more standard)

Thanks

Hi. That software is no good for you and will not work

A camera with IR will alway attract bugs

€50 on a camera and adding a few €100 to try and sort out your problem makes no sence

You will need to switch IR off on camera and use a separate IR

Hi. That software is no good for you and will not work

A camera with IR will alway attract bugs

€50 on a camera and adding a few €100 to try and sort out your problem makes no sence

You will need to switch IR off on camera and use a separate IR

I thought BlueIris could do that...

Thanks

Blueiris do what ???

Are you talking about alarms sent because of spiders bugs birds

Differentiate between a person from a bug, i thought blueiris could do that

Blueiris do what ???

Are you talking about alarms sent because of spiders bugs birds

Differentiate between a person from a bug, i thought blueiris could do that

Why have you edited your post ........ Your post was face recognising software.

Why don't you start again SAY WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS.

BUT AGAIN ....... Your camera has built in IR it will attract spiders and bugs ......... And yes if night can and will make your footage useless and will give bad alarms.

Does not matter if a bug or spider ora person covering your lens ...... You are not going to find software to remove what is in your camera view.

But as you have stated FACE Detection is of no help to you

Blue Iris has a setting called object detect/reject that is supposed to help tell the difference between a moving object and random motion like leaves in trees, shadows, rain, etc. It can cause problems with sensitivity, and most people turn it off rather than work out the settings that will work for them.

For telling when one moving group of pixels is a bird or bug closer to the cam vs a human further away, you'd need a much smarter level of software than you'll find in these inexpensive systems. I have no doubt there are packages out there that will do that, but I'd expect them to be pricey.

Face recognition is probably the best starting point in less expensive systems.

There will always be false positives, cameras at this price range are 2D not 3D, there is no depth perception. The area of pixels changing that are a person at 30ft are the same as the area of pixels of a bug at a couple of inches.

The best you can do is tune down the false positives using sensitivity parameters on Motion Detection or change to Line Crossing and Intrusion zones. Dwell, linger, face and direction parameters help as well in the more expensive cameras. PIR input triggers help as well until that bat hovers in front of the PIR or next doors big dog runs across your yard.

I'm using sighthound with Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. I'm not having any issues with false positives. I set it to recognize people and to ignore 70 pixels of movement. I go for days without any false positives I'm also using extra IR LED lights. I have found sighthound to be a great product for $250 it is far better then others I have seen because of it's IFTTT programming. You can make it do almost anything lots of home automation you can tie it into.

I'm using sighthound with Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. I'm not having any issues with false positives. I set it to recognize people and to ignore 70 pixels of movement. I go for days without any false positives I'm also using extra IR LED lights. I have found sighthound to be a great product for $250 it is far better then others I have seen because of it's IFTTT programming. You can make it do almost anything lots of home automation you can tie it into.

Have you tested for false negatives? That is way more important than not getting false positives.