quovadis

NETDVR plugin problem with Internet Explorer 11

Since writing this I note you need to put a : and name the ports... ie :8080 after the DVRS IP address .

Whilst this has allowed me to download the plug in .. IE 11 will not allow the installation ( despite saying its installed ) and continues to ask for the download and installtion when restarting or after computer reboot ? I have downloaded the plug in to the Desktop and I can open the DVR using this method ... but why isnt 11 allowing this ? the old IEs worked fine ... any help appreciated

regards

Paul

Thanks for reply , when hitting F12 as suggested it brings up a window that it totally alien to me and means nothing either .... can you offer a more detailed response as to what I should do in this window please

kind regards

Thanks for reply , when hitting F12 as suggested it brings up a window that it totally alien to me and means nothing either .... can you offer a more detailed response as to what I should do in this window please

kind regards

Go to where it says edge and select 9 or 10 for ie 9 or 10...

I just had the same issue. As a Mac user it's extra obnoxious because I also have to run it in a Windows virtual machine. Joy.

To get this plugin working in IE11 you have to tell your IE to pretend to be an earlier version of IE. By clicking F12 it will open the Developer Tools which allows you to change the IE version. Here is a quick video on how I did this...

http://screencast.com/t/6WXXkBeKd

Note that for me I also have to allow it to move past an error in the code that it finds and then "Allow" it to run the program.

As you can see it's a piece of cake to make this plugin work. It only takes logging into a virtual machine (for Mac users like me) and running it in IE (the crappiest of all browser). Oh, but not only that, now you have to tell IE to emulate an even older cruddier version, bypass broken code and then finally tell it that it's okay to run it, really it is. I'd almost rather stick a fork in my eye... but at least it's functional.