duluthbison

Defender Sentinel Operating Temperature?

Re-posting here as I don't think I had the correct forum previously.

So I've been looking for a new system to install at home and settled upon this system from Defender: 16CH DIY SECURITY SYSTEM

with 8 x 600TVL Cameras & 500GB DVR (Model #21050)

http://defender-usa.com/product/21050_16CH_DIY_Security_System.eng-20.html

Everything looks great however I found out that the lowest recommended operating temperature is about -10C. Now I live in Northern Minnesota near Lake Superior and it can often get -20 to -30 for a couple of weeks in January. Has anyone used this system in low temps before? Am I making a big deal out of nothing here? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I suppose I should mention, I'm talking about the outdoor cameras and not the DVR itself.

Did you already buy it?

I have the Defender 8 channel system. The DVR is OK at best and the cameras are not that great. I had to RMA one withing 2 weeks of having the system. Also, I learned that it would have been better to go with an IP system, rather than an analog system.

I have only had my cameras down to about 20F and did not have any problems.

Did you already buy it?

I have the Defender 8 channel system. The DVR is OK at best and the cameras are not that great. I had to RMA one withing 2 weeks of having the system. Also, I learned that it would have been better to go with an IP system, rather than an analog system.

I have only had my cameras down to about 20F and did not have any problems.

No, thankfully I haven't purchased anything yet. I'm starting to realize IP might be the way to go. I see Ubiquiti has a nice PoE system and the cameras are rated to -20F