tartis99

Motion Detection Issues

I have installed 3 of my HIKVision cameras and NVR, but I was getting around 2000 email alerts per day due to snow tripping the motion detection. This may help others that are having this same problem. I solved my problem with excessive motion detection alerts by logging into each camera and setting the events using Expert mode (Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Events > Motion Detection).

I then set the configuration to Expert mode and adjusted the day / night settings. Depending on the field of view of each camera, I changed the sensitivity and proportion to help eliminate false alerts. For my cam with a larger field of view, I set the proportion to 4, and the others to 6. I had to play with this to make sure that I was not missing a person walking up to my door. Your mileage may vary, but it may help eliminate many false alerts from your cams.

From what I can tell, the proportion settings is a percent of the selected area that sees motion. If you set it to 100, the motion would need to fill 100% of the selected area. You can draw up to 8 areas for each camera and make s different setting for each. I just made 1 area that used the entire FOV for now.

Camera models: DS-2CD2032-I Firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721, and DS-2CD2132-I Firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721

cam1_motion_config.jpg.be9bcecc2d5c6ae2a41196967f46ea69.jpg