Sign in to follow this  
sumo

Multiple displays for 16 cameras setup

Hi,

I have been a lurker on this forum for awhile now trying to learn trick of the trade . But it seem that I need some advice for you experts.

I have purchased a Geovision GV-1480 card and 14 in door and out door 480TVL day/night cameras. Will get another two hidden cameras later.

What I am needing help on is what sort of PC components, out put display I should go for. I guess a list of what I want to setup would be easier to see.

1. Record all 16 cameras in HIGHEST possible resolution. 5 with audio. I am using PAL format. Because the cameras provide 480TVL resolution, should I record it at 640x480 or can I get better image quality at 720 x 576 resolution? I only need about 3 weeks max of storage and getting extra HD space is not a problem.

2. Monitor displays. This is where I am at a cross road. Here is a list of the displays I want to setup.

a) Monitor connect to capture PC.

b) a TV to display all the cameras (I guess the TV out from the GV card can handle this).

c) 2 LCDs mounting next to the front door and back door, and possibly a third for the back room(no PC here). There is no room really for a CRT. Each one display up to 4 cameras on each and they are displaying different cameras from each other (front/back). What I am asking here is, should I split the camera's signal to go to the LCD TVs (expensive? camera's signal will become weaker?) or using a QUAD display computer system to display WEBCAM or TCP/IP viewing for each? Is QUAD display computer even possible? Can it done with the capture PC or I need another PC for this? What will the spec of PC need to be? Is VGA to CAT5 transmitter is all I need for this? The maximum distance to the PC will be 60m.

Hmm, I think there is something else I need to ask but can't remember right now .

I hope you guys can help me. Sorry about the English .

Thanks in advance.