Sign in to follow this  
mrangel101

Question? Upgrading Harbor freight Bunker Hill Security

Hi I am new to this and I have a question. I have a Harbor freight bunker hill security system. I have always used it just to look at whats going on out side. There was a incident in my neighborhood and this system does not help. I was wondering if I can upgrade the cameras in this system and it will record good quality night vision. I am looking to add 2 high quality cameras that will give me at least 100ms of quality night vision. Is that possible or would I also need to upgrade my dvr? If so does any one recommend any cameras that are in the 100-150 dollar range that would give me good quality night vision at 100m.

You are not going to get 100m of night vision 100-150...provide some more details of the area and what you are trying to capture...

You will need to upgrade your entire system..look at the ip camera forum section

Hi I am new to this and I have a question. I have a Harbor freight bunker hill security system. I have always used it just to look at whats going on out side. There was a incident in my neighborhood and this system does not help. I was wondering if I can upgrade the cameras in this system and it will record good quality night vision. I am looking to add 2 high quality cameras that will give me at least 100ms of quality night vision. Is that possible or would I also need to upgrade my dvr? If so does any one recommend any cameras that are in the 100-150 dollar range that would give me good quality night vision at 100m.

Whatever is advertised by the camera you will probably get half that distance covered by IR. You could supplement with external IR illuminators but still the camera will be your weak point in picking up good video at that distance. I suspect the Harbor Freight system is not going to be good enough.