Sign in to follow this  
KodaTales

Hey guys I'm new here

Hey, I came here seeking help with a cctv system. My parents own a retail store and their previous computer system crashed due to a bad mother board. I salvaged what parts I could. I was able to salvage the capture card but I do not know the manufacture or where it was purchased from. How do I install drivers to the new computer without knowing the brand/make/model of this card? I know that it is a 24 channel capture card but that is all. They were using 1/3"Sony Color IR 550TVL cameras

these are the photos of the card

Have you got a windows based PC with a spare PCI express slot hanging around?

If so install it and see if the PC recognises it and installs drivers automatically.

Even if it doesn't, you may still be able to get some information about the card that will tell you where to look for the drivers.

I have a windows 8 system. I have inserted the card into the system but when turning on the computer it does not say "found new hardware" I did search for the item

Untitled.thumb.png.ddb1ca35c97af70d36b24721da8a760c.png

I have a windows 8 system. I have inserted the card into the system but when turning on the computer it does not say "found new hardware" I did search for the item

Nothing at all in those other tabs that gives you any clues?

It looks fairly generic. You could always search on ebay for a similar looking card and then google the drivers to see if that works too.